It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
AMD looking for a legal fight with Nvidia AMD looking for a legal fight with Nvidia
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AMD looking for a legal fight with Nvidia

Old 24th April 2018, 09:49   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default AMD looking for a legal fight with Nvidia

Who did not see that happening?

AMD is gathering evidence that Nvidia's partner programme is part of a clever game of monopoly designed to force suppliers to land on Park Lane and Mayfair.

Nvidia is refusing to talk much about its .GeForce Partner Programme other than saying it is benign, but AMD has gone from silent to fighting back in less than 24 hours.

Scott Herkelman, Corporate VP and General Manager of AMD Radeon Gaming, addressed AMD resellers via Twitter, not only acknowledging the anti-competitive tactics Nvidia has leveraged against them, but inviting others to share their stories.

The series of tweets coincides with an AMD sales event held in London last week. This was preceded by an blog post from Herkelman where he comes out swinging against Nvidia's GeForce Partner Programme, and references other closed, proprietary technologies like G-Sync and GameWorks.

AMD's new mantra is "Freedom of Choice," a tagline clearly chosen to combat Nvidia's new programme which is slowly taking gaming GPU brands from companies like MSI and Gigabyte, and locking them exclusively under the GeForce banner. The GeForce Partner Program also seems to threaten the business of board partners who are are not aligned with the programme.

Herkelman, who was once a former GeForce marketing executive at Nvidia said: "I wanted to personally thank all of our resellers who are attending our AMD sales event in London this week, it was a pleasure catching up with you and thank you for your support. Many of you told me how our competition tries to use funding and allocation to restrict or block your ability to market and sell Radeon based products in the manner you and your customers desire. I want to let you know that your voices have been heard and that I welcome any others who have encountered similar experiences to reach out to me."

https://fudzilla.com/news/graphics/4...ht-with-nvidia
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote