It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
24nm Flash SSD Faceoff - SanDisk Extreme Retake and Plextor M3 Pro 24nm Flash SSD Faceoff - SanDisk Extreme Retake and Plextor M3 Pro
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

24nm Flash SSD Faceoff - SanDisk Extreme Retake and Plextor M3 Pro

Old 15th March 2012, 08:15   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default 24nm Flash SSD Faceoff - SanDisk Extreme Retake and Plextor M3 Pro

On February 28th we published our first review of the SanDisk Extreme 240GB, the first 24nm flash drive on the market with a SandForce flash processor unit. In the review we focused mainly on the low price point of the drive since the performance was still very close to the large number of Team SandForce drives using 25nm IMFT flash. What we didn't know at the time was our test systems were compromised in some way. I would love to give an explanation, but I honestly don't have one. It wasn't just the primary test system, but both identical systems and even a fresh build system based on another chipset, the older P67 test rig.

To make matters worse, even a brand new build based on another company's Z68 board did the same thing. After spending 18 to 20 hours a day working on the issue Chad Sebring chimed in with an idea, look at the drivers. All of the systems were using the same chipset drivers, but we were trying different RST drivers. After downloading a different set of drivers from a different web page we had TRIM again. It's safe to say that for the next couple of weeks I will hate computers. I HATE YOU COMPUTERS!!!

http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/46...pro/index.html
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote