It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > For Sale - LAN Parties - Other > Mad Bargains
Looking for help Looking for help
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Looking for help
Closed Thread

Old 17th December 2004, 16:20   #1
Xploited Titan

Default Looking for help

I've complete screwed up my casecuts, and I need to replace most of my casetop with some plexi or acrylic piece which will replace partially the ancient top.

Let me explain more clearly The top had been drilled out to accept my Thermochill 120.3 radiator with it's fans. But, some adjustments problems arrived. Thus, I'll need to cut out a rectangular piece out of my top, and replace it with a plexi top which would have the correct holes and cuts for my radiator.

I'm not a very manual guy (hence the screwed top), and I'm looking for some help to cut that plexi + the aluminium top (cos my case is in aluminium).

I'd really see that finished for me coninuing and terminating my little mod.

All modalities or questions will be answered if needed.

Oh, I'm from Brussels.

Old 17th December 2004, 16:47   #2
kr15t0f

so you screwed up your top and you want to replace it with plexi?

Don't u have a dremel?

Soemthing like that is quite simple. But you gonne hang your rad in the plexi? So the plexi must be very strong and well atached to the rest of the case.

Old 17th December 2004, 20:10   #3
Xploited Titan

Yes, I scewed it up, no, don't have a Dremel, in fact, don't really have adequate tools, except for the 12cm holes, I do have some special drill for it (for metal though, don't know if it can cut through plexi). That's also why I mentioned acrylic, which is much stronger and from better quality then plexi.

And yes, actually, I won't cut out the whole top, just a rectangular piece which contains all the missed drills. And the acrylic piece will be as large as the top, and fixed with screws and bolts. And the rad will have it's place on the acrylic, like it would float above the case. (well, trying to save a bit of my case you know Trying to find positive things to my screw-up)

Old 17th December 2004, 22:14   #4
kristos

acryl = plexi : TI Introduces New Power Management ICs to Enhance OLED Color Displays

lexan is more robust... and moldable if you heat it up 10 times more expensive then plexi too...

I've been to that shop turbokeu advised (in Brussels ) and they advised me to use tools that are intended for "metaalbewerking".
there are also special knives to cut plexi to the size you want but I image it's only good for cutting straight lines.

Old 17th December 2004, 22:24   #5
Xploited Titan

Thanks a lot pal Yes, I was mistaken... acrylic = plexi... I forgot polycarbonate.

As I see, the guy at the shop could do it for me... would be better I think Don't wanna spend 200€'s on another case.

Closed Thread