It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > General Madness - System Building Advice
TV Cards ?!? TV Cards ?!?
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

TV Cards ?!?
Closed Thread

Old 13th August 2002, 16:18   #1
codemann

Default TV Cards ?!?

Sorry for the english, but I posted this on other boards too to get as many good replies as possible...

I've been reading throughout a board of Hauppage and I've noticed a lot of negative comment on the Hauppage cards. I know that on a hardware board you'll almost never find positive comment, so my question is to anyone experienced with these kind cards is : should I buy a WinTV PVR-350 or not? Or maybe the 250? Are there better cards on the market maybe? Or will I find the same negative comment on boards of other brands?
I've read about Pinnacle cards now too, they sound interesting too... Better or worse then Hauppage ??? Any comments or experiences ?

Anyways, some of the negative things I read about Hauppage :

Quote:
- The software is not state-of-the-art, at all. The competition has much better software out there.
- It's not the picture quality that is the problem but all those bugs in the software. In my case the lack of stereo sound on the tuner, the inability to use the -c or -p options (only get channel 1 for some sort of reason), wich also makes the scheduler not working. Lack of configuration of wintv2k (like keyboard shortcuts, mpeg playback settings, etc etc)
- In WinTV2000 the stereo sign is on, but really no stereo sound reaches my speakers! If i connect to an external source (S-VHS and the line in) i can here "fine" stereo, but not if i take a channel from the tuner.
I hope to get some good comment on this, I'm really interested in those PVR cards but I'm totally new and totally lost in it...
Also a good link or anything else is ok, I'm just hoping to get as many usefull replies as possible

Closed Thread