It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > General Madness - System Building Advice
thinking of selling all my WC stuff thinking of selling all my WC stuff
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

thinking of selling all my WC stuff
Closed Thread

Old 27th April 2004, 19:18   #1
TeuS

Default thinking of selling all my WC stuff

my WC was removed several months ago. since then I'm running everything aircooled.

did a notice a difference?
nope. my PC is a bit louder but that's no problem, and I never have to worry about leaks

I've got a mid-range HW setup that doesn't need a good watercooling at all. i've stopped caring about overclocking because my videocard is holding me back (ti4200). a good video card costs a lot of money. I'll only have the $$$ for a good one perhaps this summer but that's very late.

my rig is still on it's workbench. pain in the *** to move. I have an entire WC setup ready to use, but building a custom case for the watercooling is difficult, time consuming and not perfect. I might integrate the box with my OC bench but that's not holding me from stopping with WC. I'm all out of copper so I can't make any waterblocks anymore (only bits and pieces left) and waterblock development doesn't interest me anymore

Offcourse, I can buy a brand new, fancy, huge case that suits my needs. but I'm not willing to PAY for that. I hate paying a lot of money for a fancy case, and then trashing it. I hate cutting in my new expensive case, because I know I WILL change stuff lateron and then I'm stuck with a case with non-suiting holes and gaps.

So, I'll ditch this stuff. put all my stuff into some case (thinking of buying a cheap 19" servercase chez ebay.de), ditch the SLK800, get a killer heatsink and then make a silent, cool, reliable machine. this setup is being on a workbench in open air from August!

perhaps I'll watercool my linux machine, if I find a silent pump. or to hell with it, whatever. the pc rather needs a good m/b and RAM. i have two pumps, three radiators, three CPU blocks, a GPU block and some more here. I guess selling my WC will make some good money keeping both the PC's and me happy

Old 27th April 2004, 20:52   #2

BlackRabbit Freshly Registered

Thinking of selling?
mbot features request

Anyway, I've got a watercooling thingie lying here for several month, still needs installation.. But when I think of it, it's nog gonna bring me much of progress.. Only something to work on...
Old 27th April 2004, 22:04   #3
TeuS

yeah, my high-end stuff gets sold

I'm keeping my 2nd pomp, the alu radiators and my testing blocks in case of...

Closed Thread