It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > General Madness - System Building Advice
So why are the PCP&C PSU`s always rated the best? Am I missing something? So why are the PCP&C PSU`s always rated the best? Am I missing something?
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

So why are the PCP&C PSU`s always rated the best? Am I missing something?
Closed Thread

Old 5th December 2005, 19:44   #21
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

---> http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewtopic.php?t=6134
Old 5th December 2005, 21:37   #22
ObNoXiouS

Quote:
Originally posted by jmke
---> http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewtopic.php?t=6134
To be honest with you I for one would never ever let SPCR review any product that I made or was partners in making.
Becuase just the name implies to be a top quality product said product needs to be quiet in order to be efficient.
Which is NOT true.

Old 5th December 2005, 21:40   #23
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

I don't see where the problem lies, if you're making a product for those who like to have a silent PC , than why not let it test by a group of people devoted to Silent Computing?

however I agree that PCP&C is about POWER, not necessarly about NOISE; there are other mfgrs out there who cather to that audience
Old 5th December 2005, 22:01   #24
ObNoXiouS

Here are just a few excerpts from verious reviews....
Are these people nuts or what???

http://www.pcpowercooling.com/produc...ech/index.html

Offering unflappable current delivery under heavy load, the Turbo-Cool 510 SLI should be the power supply of choice for anyone's SLI system.

as stated by the peeps at Maximum PC Mag--
Our top pick for a high-wattage PSU is PC Power and Cooling's Turbo-Cool 510 Deluxe Express ($195, www.pcpowercooling.com). Although a tad loud under load, we have no fear that any system could break this PSU—and nVidia has officially certified it to support SLI, Even better, threre's an SLI unit that's wired for two graphics cards.

ExtremeMhx ---
"It is no doubt why PC Power and Cooling PSU's are the preferred choice for Maximum PC's Dream Machines over the years."

I tested the 5v and 12v rails with a digital volt meter. Normally, I’m accustomed to seeing fluctuations of .5 to .10, which I consider to be "tight." Well, if a woven basket can be considered tight since it has a little give in it, this power supply would be a cinderblock, because it doesn’t move."
(PDF 343KB)

-TONY “MOCOMAN” ANGEL, PCEMAG.COM

PCPower&Cooling have been producing what are widely considered to be, the best PSU´s on the market today. Since the company´s inception, they´ve raised an industry-wide bar on manufacturing standards for Switching Power Supplies. Theirs have been, and remain, the standard by which all others are measured"

Liquid3D, madshrimps.be
Extreme OverClocking.com ---

Conclusions:

The PC Power and Cooling 510 Deluxe is a very nice power supply with plenty of features. The addition of the on/off switch, serial ATA power cables, and the wrapped tubing is just the icing on the cake. The performance of the unit is what one would expect for $230, well for almost anyone. We have tested quite a few power supplies in the past and PC Power and Cooling has always been one of the top performers.

The main issue with most consumers is going to be the price, which is going to depend on the buyer. If you have the money to shell out and want the best, then we can highly recommend this power supply. Keep in mind that the 510 Deluxe is backed with a 5 year warranty and a 30 day money back guarantee including freight. Most of the PSU's that we review do not come with warranties much over a year. Just think of it as a long term investment.

So why all the fuss if the PC Power &Cooling Products are NOt the best.....

I am really lost here.....

I thought Fortron or Zippy or Seasonic were the best????

Old 5th December 2005, 22:07   #25
Rutar

The people not caring about noise are a very small group and it does not get bigger. Noise is a customer value killer because everyone can and does judge it.

The problem with SPCR can be that they tend to judge products by keeping their ears 10 cm near the product or outside the case, so the results might not be real world results.

Today, a top quality PSU needs to be quiet and it's certainly not satisfying for the customer when products like 1000 $ CPUs do not come with a quiet stock fan or expensive motherboards from known manufactures do not come with a quiet NB (not even silent) cooling solution. Even for harddisks, Samsung sets the performance/noise bar very high with P120 series provided they come with nidec drives (JVC drives are a quality problem for samsung that they hopefully realize).

Or in other words, there are products that offer good performance, be quiet and cost not more, so WHY SETTLE FOR LESS?

Old 5th December 2005, 22:11   #26
ObNoXiouS

well according to most over clockers you settle for the best when over clocking reliability and dependability as far as a PSU is concerned is supposedly more important...

I also under stand that both Antec and Seasonic recently got ahold of some bad caps and thus have been having problems....

I never hear about problems from Zippy or PC Power & Cooling....hmmm...unless they are keeping things hush hush

Old 5th December 2005, 22:17   #27

Sidney Freshly Registered

Rolex watch clicks and cost hell a lot more; Seiko Quartz makes no sound at all. They both keep good time.

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Old 6th December 2005, 00:34   #28
Rutar

there are few people left that really overclock with LN2 and dryice and go for records, then noise does indeed not matter

Closed Thread