It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > General Madness - System Building Advice
New XP1700+ New XP1700+
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New XP1700+
Closed Thread

Old 2nd June 2003, 23:31   #11
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

no hoax no hoax no hoax no hoax no hoax !!
Old 3rd June 2003, 14:57   #12
T-power

hehe last link looks perfect to me

loads of fun loads of fun

but such large bridges now!!

lets remember thes numbers DLT3C Jiuhb 0319

Old 3rd June 2003, 15:59   #13
vegeta

een artikel

hier een vertaling van het artikel :Until recently, the Athlon XP which adopts the new CPU package where appearance differs started arriving. The appearance which is similar to Pentium III with feature, in the future may be also a possibility the whole series consecutively keeping changing in the this new package. First as for first being able to verify sale, the bulk item of the 2400+ which adopts the Thoroughbred core. Those where it has stock COM satellite 3 are the store and the personal computer shop arc.
As for the Athlon XP of the new package, the chart and having reached the point where pattern of wiring is visible on the baseplate surface the reverse side until recently the main difference. Design it is the impression which is close to the Pentium III/CELERON which adopts the core of C0 stepping. According to the data seat, this with the package of the name, " 27648 OPGA ", has become the name, as for conventional type " 27291 OPGA ".

In addition, as for big change the difference such that 1 as for capacitors which to the vicinity of the label which (the OPN and the like of those which are not is written are besides the fact that is deleted), in the small part the gold pin of the bridge of the L1 and the like became unable to be visible, AMD logograph and the size of the marking of the " ASSEMBLED IN MALAYSIA " and position changes you can see in arrangement and the like of the part.

Simply, the OPN which shows the specification of CPU such as the operational clock and voltage et cetera until recently similar has become " the AXDA2400DKV3C ". The concrete effect which is due to new CPU package adoption, the background which in addition reaches to adoption is unclear, but for the end user you say the eye which was seen changed it seems that it is possible to catch the ‚±‚Æ‚¾.

sorry i didn't knew it's been in the webnews
apoligize for my mistake, hope it never happens again

Old 3rd June 2003, 16:03   #14
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

*kuch* REPOST *kuch*

Quote:
Originally posted by jmke
not fake in my humble opinion
http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=webnewsshow&id=1417
Old 26th June 2003, 07:32   #15
Liquid3D

Were on the same page jmke, you read my mind.

But what's most important here is what do you REALLY have? If they've gone through such trouble to disguise the bridges, it's a last ditch effort to sell-out the higher-end models. In other words, do you really have a 256k Thorton 3200? YES I believe you do, and the reason they've gone through the trouble, is there has to be a way to unlock the 400FSB, of course FSB doesn't really matter because if it's open to overclocking, it's open, but the fear is "remarking" the 400FSB for counterfeit. Get it my freind. Now make that "tHorton hear a Hoo!" Dr

EDIT never mind, I was tricked by looking at bad photo's, the core on the Barton comes down just beyond the top of the 5th SMD, while the 1700's core is chopped before the top of the 5th SMD However the rest of theory still applies. It's no Barton, but an original 3200 it is. Remember they changed mid-stream to compete with Intel's 512K cache, always knowing the 200FSB was in the bag. The photo below, albeit tiny, also missed half the code, it the black on black printing AMD may have done to disguise some ealier CPUID?

Old 13th August 2003, 12:53   #16
[M] Reviewer

piotke Freshly Registered

cool cpu's

got me one, a 1700+, dlt3c 0320....

test for tomorrow, as soon as I get my rig back
Old 13th August 2003, 15:54   #17
Da_BoKa

i got an 1700 dut3c i'll hope to test it very soon because i need ram

greetz

Old 13th August 2003, 16:02   #18

Bosw8er Freshly Registered

Old 13th August 2003, 16:28   #19
FreeStyler

pretty weak all things concidering.
I suppose you weren't really using a "quiet" system.

Old 13th August 2003, 16:34   #20
[M] Reviewer

piotke Freshly Registered

what voltage was that ?

because that isn't that impressive ya know

« TFT monitor | Xtrem »