It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > General Madness - System Building Advice
Network trouble Network trouble
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Network trouble
Closed Thread

Old 26th November 2005, 06:48   #1
eskellie8

Default Network trouble

heello all, o bought a laptop today. I wanted to set up a little network so i bought a linksysezxs55w 5 port switch. I currently have my desktop and the laptop hooked to it. heres the problem. Only 1 pc will work at a time. If I turn on desktop 1st, that one gets internet, if i turn on laptop first that gets internet. But whatever one gets turned on 2nd doesnt get internet. Then after i reboot, none have internet, i have to shut them down and reset modem to get my internet back to just 1 of them. I have been going nuts trying to fix this and finaly i just came here to seek your help. I used a chat thing on the linksys website. She said I need an isc program, which made no sense to me caquse i dont think my friend has one and he has the same switch.. Please help. Thanks

Old 26th November 2005, 11:51   #2
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

it seems you only get ONE IP from your internet provider; what you need is a ROUTER to share your connection; try to sell/trade that Linksys switch for a Linksys router