It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > General Madness - System Building Advice
improving notebook 3D performance improving notebook 3D performance
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

improving notebook 3D performance
Closed Thread

Old 22nd September 2004, 19:51   #1
TeuS

Default improving notebook 3D performance

I need some help with this. i've got an acer C300 laptop: a very nice machine, but my 3D card is the onboard intel chip with 64MB RAM. I'd like to play some RTCW:ET with my clanmates, but the intel video 's performance is really poor... even with ET fully tweaked

does anybody know some things to improve the performance? in windows everything is set to lowest, but I don't find a tool that can alter more settings then the default intel tool

I don't care about image quality... I just want to squeeze a few more FPS out of this machine. my average framerate outside/in combat is 20. almost playable to me

overclocking the vidcard is not an option, unfortunately. it's too expensive for that
other notebook system tweaks are also welcome

Old 23rd September 2004, 10:07   #2
FreeStyler

I'm afraid you're pretty limited there.
I'm not aware of any other tweaks besides those ingame and of the driver itself.

Old 23rd September 2004, 16:53   #3
Da_BoKa

with an travelmate 290 i get around 10000 3D mark points, that's not bad for a € 1200 laptop

Closed Thread