It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > General Madness - System Building Advice
Got APIC? Got APIC?
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Got APIC?
Closed Thread

Old 13th June 2002, 14:07   #21
ChAoS Overlord

sh*t, I would like to give this a shot... But I've got a KT333 and I don't want to f*ck my pc up...

How do I know wether my pc has been configured with APIC ON allready? (I haven't installed winxp on it myself, the shop did it for me )

Old 13th June 2002, 15:20   #22
septimus

Quote:
Originally posted by PlayboY
maybe a noobish question, but does this also work with win2000?
I think that it does. Not sure tho. I'll pop in my win2k disc tonight and see if I can do the F5 thing and find the ACPI Uniprocessor PC selection.

I STRONGLY RECCOMEND FOR ALL VIA CHIPSET USERS:

1.To either make backups before taking the plunge
2.Try installing WinXP with ALL of your peripherals, other than HDD and Video, removed and then work up from there, on a separate partition or something so you dont lose valuable data.

I really don't know what causes the VIA chipsets to crash and BSOD all over the place, maybe its memory timings?

Also, If you have an ECS K7S5A motherboard, PM me and I will send you an updated BIOS that adds APIC support! Sweet!

Old 13th June 2002, 15:21   #23
septimus

Quote:
Originally posted by ChAoS Overlord
sh*t, I would like to give this a shot... But I've got a KT333 and I don't want to f*ck my pc up...

How do I know wether my pc has been configured with APIC ON allready? (I haven't installed winxp on it myself, the shop did it for me )

Run MSINFO32 and see if you have 22 IRQs

Old 13th June 2002, 15:33   #24
ChAoS Overlord

Quote:
Originally posted by septimus
Also, If you have an ECS K7S5A motherboard, PM me and I will send you an updated BIOS that adds APIC support! Sweet!
My 2nd computer is a 2000+ based on a K7S5A mb, is this mobo overclockable too? Is it the latest OC bios? Do you have an official site for that bios?

Old 14th June 2002, 06:55   #25
septimus

Ok mr. Overlord check your PM the link should be there.

Old 14th June 2002, 08:50   #26
ChAoS Overlord

Quote:
Originally posted by septimus
Ok mr. Overlord check your PM the link should be there.
I installed the latest overclockerbios frow www.ocworkbench.com but I don't find a feature in the bios to "activate APIC"? Is it on by default and doesn't show in the bios screen?

Old 14th June 2002, 20:08   #27
septimus

which version did you install? I have a ECS K7S5A as well, and I have an option called IO APIC in the CPU PnP setup menu.

Old 14th June 2002, 21:36   #28
ChAoS Overlord

the very latest oc bios (90355, or something like that)... will have a look later, pc is not hooked up as of now.

Old 14th June 2002, 21:38   #29
Erik701

I also have a system running on an ECS K7S5A, with an illegal bios that enables OC'ing, is it still possible with that bios with APIC support ? If so, pls send me a link.

Old 14th June 2002, 22:35   #30
septimus

OK, here is the link for the ECS K7S5A unofficial BIOS that allows overclocking and APIC as well!

http://www.ocworkbench.com/bios/ecs/k7s5a/Chb0429f.zip

Have fun, be careful.

Closed Thread