It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > General Madness - System Building Advice
22 / 24 inch monitor 22 / 24 inch monitor
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

22 / 24 inch monitor
Closed Thread

Old 4th October 2008, 12:17   #1
SuAside

Default 22 / 24 inch monitor

Hey guys,

It's been a quite a long time since I last came around here. Too busy at work would be my excuse (51 hour workweek this week, and then more than one hour driving up and another hour driving back home, means little spare time :P ).

But anyhow, my old 19" (normal aspect ratio) just died and I need some advice on a monitor. I'd go for 22" or 24" widescreen.

Most stuff done on it will be browsing & text, but I do hope to have some spare time in which to game soon-ish.
So no uberslow Acer panels, if you please. I have one at work, and they're good price/qual for normal textbased stuff, but gaming is often no-go. Last I checked their response times were up to 5 times as high as advertised.

Last I heard, the Samsung SyncMaster 2493HM & Samsung Syncmaster 2232BW were good deals, but I've been out of the loop for quite some time.

Looking to spend between 200 and 350 euros. And the model should be available in Belgium (alternate.be, tones.be, forcom.be, whatever, as long as they deliver because i don't have time to go fetch it myself).

Thanks!

Old 4th October 2008, 20:30   #2
Kougar

Best 24" in my humble opinion is the 2408WFP. I own the 2407WFP (not even the HC model) and I love it. No idea on availability where you're at though, sorry. Ya should at least look at that one before moving on to any others.

Old 4th October 2008, 23:06   #3
SuAside

couldn't really find those right away.

i'm really leaning towards the 2493HM atm, especially for gaming. (i don't care it doesn't do 1:1 pixelmapping at 1080p, because i don't intend to use it on an xbrick or a ps3)

Old 5th October 2008, 03:13   #4
Kougar

I'm not that knowledgeable about Samsung models... I know they make some very good monitors, but could never keep track of which model was which. Seems to be a few dead pixel issues with that specific Samsung model, just so ya know.

Old 5th October 2008, 10:33   #5
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

I've three 2493HM , two are pixel perfect, third one makes a buzzing noise. picture quality is on par with a €500 20" Dell TFT I had before which was quite good to begin with
Old 5th October 2008, 11:16   #6
SuAside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kougar View Post
I'm not that knowledgeable about Samsung models... I know they make some very good monitors, but could never keep track of which model was which. Seems to be a few dead pixel issues with that specific Samsung model, just so ya know.
Alternate offers additional pixel warranty, but that means 349 + 40 euros, bringing me to 390 euros + shipping. so totalling at 400 euros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmke View Post
I've three 2493HM , two are pixel perfect, third one makes a buzzing noise. picture quality is on par with a €500 20" Dell TFT I had before which was quite good to begin with
where did you get yours Jmke?

Old 5th October 2008, 16:22   #7
La Brunette

Hi,
I'm not 100% sure about this but I think that the 2232BW is still one of the "old" samsung models for wich you would need the verify the reference code of the LCD panel installed: Based on that code, you will find if the panel monitor is a good quality panel or not. Samsung got major issue with the 22 inch series like the 225 and 226BW.

I would propose you the T220 frm samsung. If you want to go a bit higher, you could look at the T220HD or T240..

I have seen the T220 for approx 240 / 260 € in Belgium ... Look at alternate.be

Hope this helps.

Good luck

La Brunette.

Old 5th October 2008, 16:53   #8
SuAside

atm i'm wondering if i should take the additional pixel warranty or not... ugh, choices choices. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Brunette View Post
Hi,
I'm not 100% sure about this but I think that the 2232BW is still one of the "old" samsung models for wich you would need the verify the reference code of the LCD panel installed: Based on that code, you will find if the panel monitor is a good quality panel or not. Samsung got major issue with the 22 inch series like the 225 and 226BW.
well, i was pretty sure i'd move to 24", so consider it the last confirmation that i shouldn't even look into 22".

Quote:
I would propose you the T220 frm samsung. If you want to go a bit higher, you could look at the T220HD or T240..

I have seen the T220 for approx 240 / 260 € in Belgium ... Look at alternate.be
i don't remember in which review i read it, but for actual computer use, it said the 2493HM was superior to the T240.

Old 5th October 2008, 17:22   #9
La Brunette

how long will you use your monitor ?
if more than 2 years ->I would really suggest you to purchase the extra warranty....

tx

Old 5th October 2008, 17:45   #10
SuAside

Quote:
how long will you use your monitor ?
if more than 2 years ->I would really suggest you to purchase the extra warranty....
the extra warranty only covers the first year.

normal Samsung warranty will only replace the monitor if there's more than "2 stuck black pixels" OR "2 stuck white pixels" OR "5 busted subpixels".

but i'd totally loathe the fact that i'd buy a brand new monitor and get stuck with 2 friggin' dead pixels...

Closed Thread