It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > For Sale - LAN Parties - Other > Off-Topic Hangout
What's your favourite game at the moment? What's your favourite game at the moment?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What's your favourite game at the moment?
Closed Thread

Old 27th August 2004, 17:18   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default What's your favourite game at the moment?

What games are you currently playing and have trouble "putting" down?

I'm fixing a variety of games in the hope to find me a true gem.

Fifa 2002 with "Anderlecht" in career mode, Theme Hospital , I'm at level 6 , pretty good game. Painkiller with its super duper end-bosses. Doom 3 mods just for the graphics and the good looking monsters. GTA3:VC to wreck havoc combined with True Crime for its excellent damage model and beter looking cars;

Still looking for a way to make "Driver" work under windows XP, if anybody knows how..?

Loaded up the demo of Rome: Total War yesterday.. I would rather just watch the whole action as a spectator then actually command any armies. The graphics are great and the battles are huge
Old 27th August 2004, 17:36   #2
[M] Reviewer

Sidney Freshly Registered

This old fart still enjoys MS Combat Flight Sim. and Crimson Skies. Call of Duty and CS get me going for 15 minutes, but the oldies keep me relax.

How funny the mind works?

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Old 27th August 2004, 17:36   #3
Madshrimp

Transport Tycoon from 1994 is still a blast to play , a sequel is set be released end of this year

Dungeon Keeper is pretty fun too, played it in multiplayer couple of times with a friend,quite additictive
Old 27th August 2004, 17:40   #4
kristos

I've sort of lost my apetite for games atm.

I'm currently playing the mmorpg horizons
and looking forward to see what guild wars and WoW bring, I might still give Lineage II a try

I refuse to play doom III untill I have a card that can show me the true beauty of the game cuz the game in itself sucks, I know cuz I've watched my brother play it for a while, little whiles at a time

When I can afford the new card I might play halo and far cry again and I might check out half life 2 also

Other then that, Iwas just about to start playing BF and desert combat mod again

Old 27th August 2004, 17:42   #5
[M] Reviewer

Games that won't increase my heatbeats too much, reserved for SEX only.

What are you Bosw8er?

Old 27th August 2004, 18:38   #6
[M] Reviewer/HWBot *****

RichBa5tard Freshly Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by jmke
Transport Tycoon from 1994 is still a blast to play , a sequel is set be released end of this year
Amen to that! It was the very first game i bought, and it took a few weeks before I could play it. Turned out you needed 1mb grafic card and mine had only 512kb. Could you zip it and send it to my gmail account? I lost floppy 1 of 2.

I'm currently hooked at Warcraft3, another great game!
Old 27th August 2004, 20:02   #7
agent #2

Caesar 3: one of the best city builders imo
Medal Of Honor Allied Assault: Sometimes some ffa to warm up and be in shape for upcomming clanwars
Same for CoD but I play more mohaa.

I used to play GTA:VC but I have a lot of problems with this #@ç*% game. I tried reďnstalling it and all but it still has the same bugs.

Doom III when it's noon and only max 20 min

When I'm in the mood some BF:V or UT 2K4 (sp)

Old 27th August 2004, 20:53   #8
[M] Reviewer

Bosw8er Freshly Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by lazyman
Games that won't increase my heatbeats too much, reserved for SEX only.

What are you Bosw8er?
As i have a great talent in guessing what intoxicated people's posts were ment to mean, i answer you :
10 years ago i adored Vikings and Monkey Island II. Since then i didn't play any games at all, except occasionally on lan's.
Had a super blast in a 3 on 3 team fortress game lasting 1,5 hours in which i forgot to breathe. Had an absolute non-stop 3-4 hour blast in serious sam co-op.

If the above is misinterpreted then the answer is "fish".
Old 27th August 2004, 21:09   #9
[M] Reviewer

Quote:
the answer is "fish".

Old 27th August 2004, 23:20   #10
Madshrimp

Quote:
Originally posted by RichBa5tard

! It was the very first game i bought, and it took a few weeks before I could play it. Turned out you needed 1mb grafic card and mine had only 512kb. Could you zip it and send it to my gmail account? I lost floppy 1 of 2. !
aha! great, I bought it too at www.Fnac.be for 2700fr / ~€68 and played it day in/out!

the 2 disk original version won't work in 2000/XP. I have a patched deluxe version which works on XP but it's 42Mb. I'll find a way to make it playable for you

it supports TCP/IP multiplayer if I'm not mistaken