It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > For Sale - LAN Parties - Other > Off-Topic Hangout
Welcome to our forums! Welcome to our forums!
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to our forums!
Closed Thread

Old 13th December 2010, 17:17   #561
[M] Reviewer

Gamer Freshly Registered

Welcome.
You mean LNē I guess ?

It's best you start with a phase change setup, so you can learn what insulation is all about.
Old 13th December 2010, 17:54   #562
yuna kawyra

yes sorry :s I know but you have to did it yourself and don't have the infrastructure to do it -_-

Last edited by yuna kawyra : 13th December 2010 at 17:56.

Old 30th December 2010, 20:15   #563
unsicher

Default good

yay

Old 31st December 2010, 15:30   #564
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

yay to you too
Old 31st December 2010, 17:11   #565
wtourist

Default Happy New Year

Glad to be here, interesting site, I hope to learn, talk, ask silly questions not too often, and not give poor answers.
I like to be obscure at times, or attempt humor.
Enough about me....
FWIW recent hobbiest attempting to learn by doing, having fun.
aND SO ..

Old 1st January 2011, 18:01   #566

nigel Fully Registerednigel Fully Registerednigel Fully Registerednigel Fully Registerednigel Fully Registerednigel Fully Registerednigel Fully Registerednigel Fully Registered

welcome all

the the new ones that I have not seen before ^^
Old 1st February 2011, 15:44   #567
gregzeng

Default Wikipedia? I contribute, edit & READ - differs.

> Western Digital Scorpio Black 500GB 2.5'' HDD Review

> Storage/HDD by stefan @ 2011-01-31

"The 500GB Scorpio Black 2.5'' HDD from Western Digital maintains the performance lead ahead of many similar drives on the market with the same capacity. Being available on the market for about 55 Euros, it goes head to head with the Hitachi 7K500-500 model, outperforming it in some cases. .... it's a dying segment with SSD drives prices plummeting and size increasing"

.... current issue of Madshrimps.

Try getting a 3 or 5 year warranty on a SSD. It will be impossible for a few years yet.

RAID HDDs will make more heat, noise, vibration ... but it will not wear out as rapidly as SSD. Bill Gates probably has his techs replace his RAID SSDs every week, for brand new ones.

Last edited by gregzeng : 1st February 2011 at 15:54.

Old 1st February 2011, 17:48   #568
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

welcome to the forums!
You are correct that consumer SSDs have yet to prove themselves reliability wise;
but they've been used by industry for more than 20 years and still going strong, now ramping up more quickly than ever;
as with every new tech, waiting a generation or two will give you a benefit of higher speeds, better prices and higher reliability

3rd generation SSDs will have enough safety features included that they'll most likely outlast any OS you put on them; current Samsung and Intel crop already come with long enough warranty and reliability checks that you won't have much problems with them.

SSD or flash memory is here to stay, HDDs are not yet dead yet, but for the compact devices where storage size is not crucial, they'll no longer have a place; in NAS and SANs they'll still get a nice opportunity to prove themselves when they reach PetaByte
Old 6th February 2011, 07:43   #569
Dave65

Default Hey guys

Looks like i'm the one guy in town

Old 21st February 2011, 14:56   #570
GRAAF PHOTO

Icon1 GATEWAY GT5220 P.C nVIDIA NF 430 N A3

maandag 21 februari 2011
Dear sirs, I hope you can give me advise or help to solve a problem with my GATEWAY GT5220 Personal Computer. PC crashed and will not restart before I write down more details and photographs or any other pertinent information you might require I wait your reply. Sincerely yours GRAAF PHOTON graaf.photon@gmail.com The Netherlands

L.s
In de hoop dat u ondergetekende zou kunnen helpen of adviseren om mijn probleem met een CRASH op GATEWAY GT5220 Personal Computer te kunnen oplossen. Zal ik uw tegen bericht afwachten voordat ik u gedetailleerde informatie en foto’s zal sturen. In afwachting van uw bericht met vriendelijke groet GRAAF PHOTON graaf.photon@gmail.com The Netherlands

Closed Thread