It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > For Sale - LAN Parties - Other > Off-Topic Hangout
Welcome to our forums! Welcome to our forums!
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to our forums!
Closed Thread

Old 22nd October 2009, 19:25   #341

blind_ripper Freshly Registered

john:u are a spammer .
Old 23rd October 2009, 20:06   #342
wpeltola

Hey everybody! I stumbled across your forums here and like what I see! I hope I can contribute something here along the way. Thanks!!

Old 25th October 2009, 10:28   #343
JimmyJump

Can't 'drop a line' as I lost my line on the way to this thread.

So, I'll just say "Hello". Hello. Glad that's over

Reason why I signed-up? Well, I've been passing-by MadShrimps quite often without coming in. Now, as I was searching for prices for the ASUS Rampage III mATX mobo, I came across a ludicrously translated review (thank Babelfish for that) with a link from roundabout here... So I finally decided to come in and have me a look around.

Been building my own PCs since I started with computers in 2001. Hey, I'm a late-bloomer, sue me.

Not very experienced; but that all depends on what the subject is and with whom you're talking, of course...

Okay. If you want to know more about me, you'll have to wait until my memoirs come out

See you around the board.

JJ

Old 25th October 2009, 12:15   #344
Ashley James

Default Manufacturer Joining Forum

Hello
I'm a director of AVI, a company that makes the ADM9.1 monitors that Keith Suppe was so keen on.

I've joined to express great sadness at hearing his death

Old 26th October 2009, 19:50   #345
alamojo

Icon1 Hi, Everybody

As you probably guessed by now, I am new to the forum. I look forward to reading and learning, contributing and informing. My company is the product of two years research based on an invitation I received way back then from a physician here in Clear Lake, Tx. He asked me to look into the uses of copper as an antimicrobial component of a coating. Way back then there was very little support for copper that way. And, it wasn't until a year or so ago that the EPA actually admitted (I won't give them all that much credit for approvals) copper is an antimicrobial. We attempted to introduce some very exotic coatings, etc. and finally realized that being able to kill MRSA and other infectious disease by coating touch surfaces, was not the real battle. The real battle was convincing the medical community. That is a waste of time. We discovered that hospital admins, doctors and "infection control" professionals are as much biased as anyone can be. And, being up against the "chemical reps" is just not worth the battle. But, what did arise from our research was that Microbially Influenced Corrosion is as vulnerable to the effects of copper and certain types of polymer coatings as MRSA!!!! So, we created a whole company around it. And, we are extremely successful at it. Unfortunately the corrosion control industry in the USA is a few years behind the Europeans. And, our method, which is the application of copper integrated into certain powder coatings, requires flame application. And, it works. While we have challenges in the good 'ol US of A with flame application, our largest, most well managed corrosion control markets, are in Brazil and much of Northern Europe. But, with your permission, I'll share what we know and discovered, and I'll let you figure out what to do about it. You CAN stop MIC. It is easier to do than you think. But, you have to think "out of the box!" And, we have the tests to prove it. We learned three important lessons from our research: 1, You have to create an environment (coating)that does not support microbial development (bacteria or biofilm). 2, You have to kill whatever microbial life arrives in that environment. 3, Copper has to be part of the antiMIC system because it kills on-going and can be used in such small quantities that it is not harmful to the environment. We believe autoclaving is critical (or pyrolosis) and must be part of the remediation process. And, I believe I should stop here cause I just heard someone snoring and the rubbing noise of someone rolling their eyes back in their heads!!!!!! Ciao!

Old 28th October 2009, 00:27   #346
S3th

Default Intro

Sure is a lot of work behind thanking an author for an article with acomment... He better be satisfied... or else

Old 28th October 2009, 12:09   #347
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

welcome all to the forums, sorry for the delay in activating
Old 28th October 2009, 12:40   #348
JimmyJump

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmke View Post
welcome all to the forums, sorry for the delay in activating
No problemo, jmke

And thanks...

JJ

Old 28th October 2009, 13:40   #349
S3th

No problemo. Bet you actually have a life outside of the forums... That is when you arent benching waterblocks....

Old 28th October 2009, 20:23   #350
[M] Reviewer

leeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registered

Lo Seth and JimmyJump.. hope you have a nice stay here...

Boss is benching Hwbot at the moment way to go old man !!! (oh no that's me the old fart)

Last edited by leeghoofd : 29th October 2009 at 07:42.
Closed Thread