It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > For Sale - LAN Parties - Other > Off-Topic Hangout
Welcome to our forums! Welcome to our forums!
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to our forums!
Closed Thread

Old 13th August 2008, 07:45   #21
duki

Default Hello Everybody

This is my first forum I've ever joined... I'm excited to be apart of a community that appreciates all the fun things this world has to offer haha.... not to mention all the money we waist of things that go out of date in 2 months

Old 13th August 2008, 08:00   #22
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

welcome if you shop smart your purchase might last up to 1 year
Old 18th August 2008, 08:10   #23
duki

yeah I have no doubt my purchases could last up to 1 year but I'm the kind of person who (more recently) likes to live more on the edge of technology which is always pushing ahead of what I can afford, luckily I have some extra money from my student loans this semester

Old 22nd August 2008, 18:47   #24
jacksbud43

Default Hello

I have just registered and am not sure about what I am doing in some instances , I have a Abit p35pro board , q6600 cpu , 2 gb corsair 6400 , nividia 8800 gt video card . I have only tried to overclock using Abit guru , I have tried putting the cpu voltage up to 1,45 and can't go over 320 without killing my system and I have to reboot Thanks

Old 22nd August 2008, 19:18   #25

BlackRabbit Freshly Registered

Are you asking for assistance? Bacause in that case, I suggest you start a new thread
Old 22nd August 2008, 19:45   #26
jacksbud43

Thanks like I said I.m not sure how to go about things at this point .

Old 22nd August 2008, 21:15   #27
duki

Yeah start a new thread, I have the same board so I can help you out, or at least try.

Old 24th August 2008, 04:41   #28
LAWoody

Icon16 Thanks fot Invite

Just getting my feet wet . Checking for some help for my dead new system . As yoe see in alot of forums , P45 platinum's dead when doing Bios update.
Most sytems stop at the little lites for " Decompressing bios to ram " ?????

Old 24th August 2008, 10:15   #29
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

welcome to the forums! bios flash fail should be covered under RMA, certainly when it's a known issue!
Old 24th August 2008, 18:42   #30
LAWoody

Icon16 Dead MSIp45 Platinum after Bios Flash

My mistake went with msi live update , TO LATE , it happened!!
Now I get the little lites saying decomprssing bios to ram and a blank blue screen.
From my understanding the panel of lights tells you where your system stopped, it
is where Bios found a problem. So if you were doing a bios upgrade and it went bad
when you restart computor and bios is corropt, then that is far a it went .
That being said , why would you start swaping parts , if it was working before you started.
My problem is how to restore a bad bios if the system wont post thru the bad bios .
The new or old bios is larger, 4 megs, then the 1.44 megs that will fit on a floppy !!!!!!!!!
So now what?
Tried many time over the last week to get further then the the lights showing
" Decompressing bios to ram " which to me says that it did not complete "decompressing "
If so many people and members are having the same problem maybe MSI should step up and
come up with some answers. They have all these great engineers that created this so called live update .
Sorry for venting, but of the dozens of boars I have used over the last 30 YES 30 years I have never had so many problems updateing bios or any other functions of a mother board.
At this point being board is only 6 weeks old I guess I will have to RMA board
Any comments or sugestions would be appriciated !!

Last edited by LAWoody : 24th August 2008 at 18:44. Reason: Removed unnessasary icons

Closed Thread