It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > For Sale - LAN Parties - Other > Off-Topic Hangout
Welcome to our forums! Welcome to our forums!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to our forums!
Closed Thread

Old 15th April 2009, 16:36   #211
[M] Reviewer

geoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registered

Didn't even get over 1GHz last night :/

Old 15th April 2009, 19:24   #212
Annirak

Default Hi

Hi,
I'm Annirak, I'm an electronics developer, specializing in PC-related hardware, and a PC enthusiast.

Old 19th April 2009, 10:31   #213
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

howdy!
Old 19th April 2009, 13:12   #214
[M] Reviewer

geoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annirak View Post
Hi,
I'm Annirak, I'm an electronics developer, specializing in PC-related hardware, and a PC enthusiast.
Hi, what stuff are you working on at the moment?

Old 21st April 2009, 08:23   #215
wolverineI

Hello Peering in from the on and off again Xtremesystems and other forum.Too many to name.

Old 21st April 2009, 12:49   #216
jgilmore8

Default noob

Hello,

New member, saw some interesting links about hardware issues w/ WOW, and XP performance. Hope to lurk for a while and then participate.

Thanks,

JGILMORE8

Old 23rd April 2009, 01:42   #217
scope4live

Default PCI-e Storage Devices

I make a decent salary peforming live with a combination of hardware and software using the latest DSP developments, and software applications.
I stream my sampled content from application that use the RAM as a footprint to begin streaming large audio files.
I have the option of buying 3 x new Velociraptors and spanning my content across the 3 drives as the extra heads w/o using RAID, renders better perfomance.
I am wasting space though, as I only need 500GB's of storage.
Unfortaunately this is a trade off of using mechanical HDD's.
I am interested in the latest OCZ PCI-e drive, and this led me to this geeky forum where I will fit right in, as I suspect we are all geeks and freaks when it comes to high tech hardware and using it as a hobby or professionally.

There's my intro.
I am sure nobody here gives a hoot about who I am.
I had to do this to post and start mingling around.

Maybe I can learn about gear on the cutting edge here.
I have working machines already, but the new build with an i7 and fast RAM is being designed to run in Vista 64bit w/ 12GB's of RAM.
So storage is my quest here, and the fastest possible way to access it in real time is the goal.

Nice Pace I Guess.

JAV

Old 23rd April 2009, 11:18   #218
Madshrimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverineI View Post
Hello Peering in from the on and off again Xtremesystems and other forum.Too many to name.
welcome aboard
Old 23rd April 2009, 11:18   #219
Madshrimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgilmore8 View Post
Hello,

New member, saw some interesting links about hardware issues w/ WOW, and XP performance. Hope to lurk for a while and then participate.

Thanks,

JGILMORE8
please do share if you have any issues in a thread here: http://www.madshrimps.be/vbulletin/f14/
Old 23rd April 2009, 11:20   #220
Madshrimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by scope4live View Post
I have the option of buying 3 x new Velociraptors and spanning my content across the 3 drives as the extra heads w/o using RAID, renders better perfomance.
I am wasting space though, as I only need 500GB's of storage.
Unfortaunately this is a trade off of using mechanical HDD's.
I am interested in the latest OCZ PCI-e drive, and this led me to this geeky forum where I will fit right in, as I suspect we are all geeks and freaks when it comes to high tech hardware and using it as a hobby or professionally.
you can build your own PCIe based SSD to fit your needs; you'll need a 300-400 PCIe raid controller and starting hooking up 2~4 SSDs to it, all in RAID-0; performance can go from 400-500mb/s read, to 1000mb/s with a bit of tweaking;
MLC SSD best option price wise, the OCZ Vertex and now GSKill Falcon series use the new indilinx controller which does away with the nasty "increased latency" the cheaper SSD with JMicron controllers had.