It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > For Sale - LAN Parties - Other > Off-Topic Hangout
A trip to North Korea A trip to North Korea
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

A trip to North Korea
Closed Thread

Old 5th August 2006, 15:08   #11
SuAside

Quote:
Originally posted by jmke
I like to see how you would react if the police stormed your house in the middle of the night and killed your dogs/cats/chickens/birds...
i dont have a pet atm. i used to, though, so i can relate. however, the reaction would of course be dependant on what the reason was.

Quote:
yes. please explain how that DOES NOT VIOLATE your privacy
however, privacy is subordinate to public health & safety even in our country. do you remember the enforced rule of covering up & fencing up poultry for a while during the asian bird flu scare in belgium? well, civil protection agencies & the police DID enter gardens to check if people were following the rules. that constitutes as a breach of privacy as well.

Quote:
telling me I should not call their regime retarded because they're "supposedly" poor is not the reason why I call them retarded. it's their lack of respect towards their citizens
where did i say you couldn't call them retarded, because they were poor? i told you not to do that because we do virtually the same on other animals.

the part about being poor was an explantion i gave to show their possible choices & motivations.

Quote:
I'm quite sure they don't do this in the middle of the night, without the farmer knowning this...
you should read the article again. people were offered money to kill their dogs themself.

how do you offer people money 'without them knowing it', jmke?

i understand your point of view & your anger, jmke, but you're going about this the wrong way.

Old 5th August 2006, 15:19   #12
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

they were entering the people's houses at night, without asking them and killing *insert name of random animal* . IF they SAW them in the street they offered money. and then killed their dog in front of their eyes; great that must be for the 6 year old who will be traumatized for the rest of her youth;

to sum up:
* they were BEATING them to death, which is just cruel
* they breach privacy (a garden != house)

it's a retarded way to gain control over an outbreak or possible epidemy.

if police did the same thing here in Belgium it would not be tolerated... would you?
Old 5th August 2006, 17:23   #13
SuAside

Quote:
they were entering the people's houses at night, without asking them and killing *insert name of random animal* . IF they SAW them in the street they offered money. and then killed their dog in front of their eyes; great that must be for the 6 year old who will be traumatized for the rest of her youth;
yet again, i must refer you to the article:
Quote:
Quote from the article
Owners were offered 63 cents per animal to kill their dogs before the teams were sent in, the report said.
they were offered money, BEFORE teams were sent in. hence, they weren't 'offered money if they saw them in the street', as you put it.

Quote:
to sum up:
* they were BEATING them to death, which is just cruel
now, we're getting somewhere. your first argument that actually makes sense.

granted, cruel. but a heavy stick can shatter the skull (& hence the brain) or break the spinal cord in a single swing. causing near-instant death.

do you know how we kill cows in slaughterhouses? we shoot a lead ball against their skull and hope they die from the first hit. sometimes it take up to 5 shots to kill a cow. sometimes they're just unconscious, but gutted anyway. another option used is electrocuting them to death.

isn't that rather cruel either? however, i do believe you eat beef, unless i'm mistaken.

anyhow, it's a rather naive point of view.

Quote:
* they breach privacy (a garden != house)
the difference is an arbitrary one. on top of that, there is no mention of officials entering houses either.

they say they caused a lot of noise & tracked down barking dogs. now, it's rather hard to track down a barking dog if he's inside a building. i assume they mostly tracked down the dogs that were on the outside.

Quote:
it's a retarded way to gain control over an outbreak or possible epidemy.
it's standard procedure actually, for any seriously dangerous contagent carried by an animal.

Quote:
if police did the same thing here in Belgium it would not be tolerated... would you?
as said before, it depends wholely on the circumstances.

Closed Thread