It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > For Sale - LAN Parties - Other > Off-Topic Hangout
halo : combat evolved to the minimum halo : combat evolved to the minimum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

halo : combat evolved to the minimum
Closed Thread

Old 11th October 2003, 17:16   #1
[M] Reviewer

The Senile Doctor Freshly Registered
Default halo : combat evolved to the minimum

I wanted to start a thread to see how many people dislike the pc-port of halo

nope, just wanted to ask in which resolutions you guys play this, with what eye candy, coz I think it is terrible to see a 3600 mhz p4 @ 240 fsb ram 1:1 with my 9800 pro @ 470-765 not being able to play this decently at 1024*768 with 2*fsaa and 8*af...
this system cracks out 21.5 k 3dmarks easy, and it is stable, but halo won't play at this res fluently...
anybody else tried it?
Old 11th October 2003, 18:12   #2
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

1024x786 min detail , crappy gameplay
P4 @ 2.26 + Ti4600

sucky graphics engine.
Old 11th October 2003, 18:59   #3
the maniak

ok, conclusion

don't buy Halo for pc

Old 11th October 2003, 19:34   #4
bambix

if you like that kind of game, you can better by UT

Old 11th October 2003, 20:32   #5
[M] Reviewer

it will be uninstalled quicky
Old 11th October 2003, 22:15   #6
[M] Reviewer

tom's hardware guide : THE best gamereview site...

"Game play: It's too much fun to put down

The game play in Halo for the PC is incredibly fun. In fact, it's even more fun than playing Halo on the Xbox (in my personal opinion). The reason that I say this is because I find it frustrating beyond all belief when I have to aim at my foes with a game pad or joystick (unless I'm playing a flying game). When playing Halo on the Xbox, I was always the guy that whined about the fact that I didn't have a keyboard and mouse. I guess that playing first-person-shooters too much on the PC will do that to you. So of course I was thrilled when I could take on the aliens with my trusty PC setup. That aside though, there are many things that make this game great as far as game play is concerned. "
Conclusion: A nearly flawless title

I would mention major drawbacks of this game, but there's one problem: I haven't been able to find any.

The only problem that I ran into was that sometimes the action slows down a little when things get really hectic. But this is to be expected when so many textures are being processed. And it really doesn't hinder game play at all. It's not something that happens very often either, so I can't really complain about it that much. We believe that some of this might in fact be nothing more than Internet lag as we didn't see the problem when playing the game locally. As far as updates are concerned, the game is written to search for them automatically whenever you connect to the internet for multiplayer games, so I don't think it will be a problem to make sure your version is current.

This game blew me away when I played it for the first time on Xbox, and it blew me away the first time I played it on the PC. The single player part of the game is incredible. I can't remember the last time that I couldn't stop playing a game because I was so hooked, but it happened with this game. The multiplayer part of the game is a different kind of game altogether, but just as addictive, if not more so. I don't see anything but good things in the future of this game, and I'm hoping that expansions will be a possibility. If you're looking for a game that you can really immerse yourself in, this is the game for you. I felt that this game was more than worthy of an Editor's Choice Award, and after talking with other editors here at THG, they concurred.

Kudos to Bungee and Gearbox, they've really outdone themselves this time, and the results are nothing short of genius. "

are these guys on Valium + Haldol + Frenactyl or what???

where is that eye candy in between the stutters?? I can't think of any possible way thg played it on a system any more performing then mine...so where the hell is that eye candy when the engine is stuttering like crap...
serious sam 2 halndled 1528 opponents on one screen in 1600*1200 res NOT stuttering 4 a second...
Old 11th October 2003, 22:28   #7
[M] Reviewer

A-star Freshly Registered

nah there just retarded
Old 12th October 2003, 03:52   #8
Da_BoKa

and paid

greetz

Old 25th October 2003, 17:03   #9
SpoBo

Halo 0wnz It does if you look past the people that say it sucks .. did you try the multpiplayer yet ? It's far more cooler then any other MPGame I already played .. except Battlefield That's just the end

Try doing some research before you take down a game .. the engine is compeletely rewritten .. all particleeffects are new and only the maps and gameplay are the same as the xbox version.

in my humble opinion the gameplay rocks .. The game 0wnz when flying with a banshee over a warthog that has your flag and dodging the trees and rocks.

The game is supposed to run even better on GF4cards since they use DX8.1 and don't render the bumpmaps .. this makes it run smoother then dx9cards. But you get less visuals.

Old 25th October 2003, 17:25   #10
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

I have a GF4 Ti4600 and the game is coppy as hell
the graph. engine looks dated and is slower then recent ones.

the gameplay would be enjoyable if there weren't constant DIPS to <10fps...