It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > For Sale - LAN Parties - Other > Off-Topic Hangout
ESKY FP 4-Channel Heli ESKY FP 4-Channel Heli
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ESKY FP 4-Channel Heli
Closed Thread

Old 28th December 2007, 05:04   #1
[M] Reviewer

Sidney Freshly Registered
Default ESKY FP 4-Channel Heli

After I toyed around the 2-channel, I got myself a nice after Christmas present ....
ESKY Honeybee V2 4-channel

The 6-channel 3D model came across my mind. After much thought, I concluded that 3D would be too much for me to handle; it is more complicated. It will cost more when it crashes; I know I will crash it many more times to come.

There is hardly any good product reviews on electric helicopters other than less than a handful in detail. It seems the good pilots belong to elite club/forum and seldom spread their secrets. I have spent days in finding out this "sub-culture society".

After hours of searching, this is the only review I found that meets some of the PC hardware review approach ..... still not complete after I spent the last three hours with my new Heli. http://www.tomsguide.com/us/test-fly...eview-914.html

The Golden Rules to setup/start an electric RC heli ..... or you'd better be ready to get hurt or break something.

NEVER plug in the battery when the controller is OFF.
ALWAYS turn on the controller FIRST, making sure the throttle is set at bottom plus the trim before you connect the battery.
Attached Thumbnails
esky-fp-4-channel-heli-screenshot001.jpg

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Old 28th December 2007, 09:07   #2
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

those goldens rules apply to ANY RC toy, boat, car or heli had some RC cars run wild because batteries in remote were dead, at 40+km/h they are hard to catch
Old 28th December 2007, 09:39   #3
[M] Reviewer

With RC electric Heli; plugging in the battery without the controller on to calibrate the gyro, the result could be dangerous. The gyro kicks in to full throttle and servos run in all directions.... with new electronics in the past few years, RC heli comes a long way.

These golden rules should be mentioned everytime on pre-flght checks.

My gas RC cars in the old days with controller running low on battery were best hit the curb with no one got hurt.

Old 2nd January 2008, 21:35   #4
[M] Reviewer

Interesting read of the same model

http://www.johnsreviews.com/reviews/...eybee_pt1.html

I have had a couple of "minor" crashes; only to find out one of the batteries I used (came with the model) had a dead cell. The blades hit the sofa frame on the tips and broke one of the blade link. I managed to wrapped some electrical wire around with glue until spare part arrives. The link part is inexpensive @ $1.24. My second crash came at a height of about 2 feet; hard landing, broke the skid and 4-in-1 hanger, I hot glued them back on.

I now managed to clip some of the tips from several forums to make a complete check list of how to, what to watch out for, what spare parts to buy and what not to buy based on total cost before getting a complete frame without the electrical parts.

It does feel "good" when I was able to hover in the middle of the living room for a few seconds.

Old 6th January 2008, 21:36   #5
[M] Reviewer

Amazing 4-year-old on the control.

Old 6th January 2008, 22:44   #6
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

if he can grow up to perform those movements in a real one, would be spectacular