It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > For Sale - LAN Parties - Other > Off-Topic Hangout
A51 forum fucked up A51 forum ****ed up
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

A51 forum ****ed up
Closed Thread

Old 7th January 2007, 14:11   #11
[M] Reviewer

Jay-Jay Freshly Registered

I can understand the closure. But certainly not the way it is done. I hope an explanation will follow.

And I believe that it was me who last commented a new guy on his crappy language on the forum thursday :-)
Old 7th January 2007, 19:37   #12
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

if people don't take the effort to verify what they write down, why should we take the effort to read what they write.
either way, no matter what the reason, the way Garnaal is handling this is quite childish and immature

@Geoffrey: once upon a time (<2001) it's hardware & software forum was the best out there, with the nicest people, with give away contests held by Calantak, hardware overclocking meetings, drinks, howto, FAQs (current HWFaq at madshrimps was born on that forum), with large group of friendly people, not acting childish or egocentric; totally different atmosphere than TN Games forums now;

ever since we started Madshrimps though we have frequented these forums more for HW&SW ; so Shrimpcity's helpdesk for HW problems was mostly left abandoned, the reason why it's closed down is because people in their spamforum were going overboard

Last edited by jmke : 7th January 2007 at 19:40.
Old 7th January 2007, 19:40   #13
HitenMitsurugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Garnaal decided to close it down due to members of the forum "scaring away" members of the site. It seems a "good content provider of the site" left because of this.
Google cache proved otherwise, the person he was referring to came to the forum for help because his content was being drowned by bad content spammers. He wasn't listened to by the site owners and in the end stopped providing content for the site, BUT continued to come on the forum. In fact, he was online on the day the forums closed down...
So that part was a lie from g's side at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffrey View Post
Got there once via Google not long ago. Any better then telenet.games? Same people, worse moderation?
Telenet.games is immature and overmoderated on occasions, the level of the community on the other forum was higher, altho not very noob friendly. And the community is smaller. But it's always best to lurk a bit before posting on an unknown forum, it just held true on that forum a bit more than on others.

Old 8th January 2007, 08:24   #14
[M] Reviewer

BlackRabbit Freshly Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitenMitsurugi View Post
Google cache proved otherwise, the person he was referring to came to the forum for help because his content was being drowned by bad content spammers. He wasn't listened to by the site owners and in the end stopped providing content for the site, BUT continued to come on the forum. In fact, he was online on the day the forums closed down...
So that part was a lie from g's side at least.
And who's that person??

Quote:
Telenet.games is immature and overmoderated on occasions, the level of the community on the other forum was higher, altho not very noob friendly. And the community is smaller. But it's always best to lurk a bit before posting on an unknown forum, it just held true on that forum a bit more than on others.
Even the moderators act immature.. I do visit it though (webdesign/programming/buy&sell).

I did like A51 forum the last month(s). Sure, sometimes childish, but often funny ****. Reminded me of the old (and even older) days JMke is talking about.
Old 10th January 2007, 11:36   #15
HitenMitsurugi

From what i've seen up till now, the new forum has an even better atmosphere than the A51 had before closure The member I was talking about was TimeZero.

Closed Thread