It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware/Software Problems, Bugs
x800 pro 16pipes gaming problem x800 pro 16pipes gaming problem
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

x800 pro 16pipes gaming problem
Closed Thread

Old 15th October 2004, 23:21   #1
kristos

Default x800 pro 16pipes gaming problem

I flashed my asus x800pro vivo in order to enable all 16 pipelines but I edited the biosses so that clockspeeds would remain the same as those of the pro because my core can't make it to 520mhz on standard Voltage.

Now I have some problems and at first I thought it was due to the the bios I used. I used that modded ati bios. So today I flashed the standard ati xt bios, offcourse with edited clockspeeds and I had the same issues playing halo and my brother also had it playing dungeon siege. I haven't had the opportunity to test other games for stability yet, I'll report back when I have.

The problem seem to occur randomly (can't remember what it was exactly), from just firing up halo to playing it for 10-15 minutes. settings make no difference, I turned everything down to the lowest setting in halo and turned down all the settings in the driver control pannel aswell.

Come to think of it, I haven't tried different drivers eather so I'll have to do that too and report back.

The thing is, I'm beginning to get worried (read: frustrated... I have little patience when things go wrong ). Maybe something is wrong although I wouldn't know what, I don't have broken pipes, checkerboards, artifacts or any of that mess.
Do any of you know off problems with these games? I googled a bit and could only find one indication that there would be problems with halo and x800 cards.

Old 16th October 2004, 12:09   #2

jort Freshly Registered

have you tried 3dmark or aquamark, do you have problems there?

and you better install your new drivers,

i flashed my msi x800 to an x800 xt too, and i've got no problems @ all ( farcry, nfsu, 3dmark03,05,aquamark, doom3

but i dont have halo so i cant speak about that
Old 16th October 2004, 15:46   #3
kristos

Quote:
Originally posted by kristos
LOL dumb**** dat ik ben :doh:

ik heb de basisregels van het overclocken weer aan mijn laars gelapt

de cpu stond overclocked, en dat dat wel eens het probleem kon zijn realiseer ik me nu pas :ironic:

ik had het noghtans moeten weten zelfs al nam ik de basisregels niet in acht, prime en aquamark waren stabiel maar de 3dmarks waren dat niet...

keer op keer doe ik mezelf de das om.

nways, 'k heb nu een ganse missie halo gespeeld op max graphics game settings en max control pannel settings en de problemen lijken opgelost. ik zou nog wat verder moet testen maar ik heb er koppijn van gekregen :evil:

het lijkt toch aan de cpu overclock gelegen te hebben.

djeez, ik zou mezelf wel kunnen slaan, zo'n stomme fout begaan...
In short in english, I've made an *** of myself.

most likely the problems were due to the overclocked cpu rather then the videocard.

offtopic : what's does the *** in "I've made an *** off myself" mean? I always thought the *** in the sentence meant the same as donkey,and not someone's behind...

Old 16th October 2004, 15:51   #4
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

donkey meaning is correct
Old 16th October 2004, 20:49   #5
Makaveli7

donkey = idiot
*** = idiot

Old 16th October 2004, 22:07   #6
kristos

exactly, I've made an idiot of myself

Closed Thread