| ||Thread Tools|
|27th October 2003, 20:43||#15|
Things to check:
- Harddisk almost full -> kills performance
- CPU overheated -> goes over to slow mode
- Via chipset -> check for new drivers
- AGP drivers -> download and install (no beta's!!!)
- check for virusses -> online scan (not through local antivirus, it might be affected)
- check for too much spyware, adware etc -> download & install ad-aware
- put your auto-go-to-sleep-modus off, put your screensaver off, it might put up under windows while playing games!
- check your harddisk with tools available through the internet
- benchmark your pc and check for slow running parts (memory, cpu, vga, hdd, ...)
If you can't find out check for your local pctechnician.
|27th October 2003, 20:46||#16|
Join Date: May 2002
|27th October 2003, 21:26||#17|
Kinda weird since I already had non-bčta drivers...
|27th October 2003, 21:36||#18|
Join Date: Jun 2002
|27th October 2003, 21:56||#20|
AMD can have thermal throttle with mobo/BIOS support. Not chip based like intel.
And online virus scanners aren't much better, you'll have to download them first, and they can get corrupted during that process. A network scan with a clean PC is the best option.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Despite Slow Season, Demand for DDR3 Is Strong||jmke||WebNews||0||13th January 2010 06:54|
|Intel’s dual core sales slow, claim||Sidney||WebNews||0||30th June 2005 16:17|
|DDR2 Industry Slow in 2005||Sidney||WebNews||0||8th June 2005 15:15|
|Slow DDR-II adoption makes Dramurai fret||Sidney||WebNews||1||20th February 2005 07:35|
|network slow on 1 PC?||kristos||Hardware/Software Problems, Bugs||2||15th February 2005 00:24|
|slow pc||kristos||Hardware/Software Problems, Bugs||5||15th December 2004 14:52|
|evolution is slow...||The Senile Doctor||General Madness - System Building Advice||15||17th February 2004 09:04|