It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware/Software Problems, Bugs
Security with Linux? Security with Linux?
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Security with Linux?
Closed Thread

Old 16th September 2004, 14:49   #11
kristos

Cool

Thx again, usefull info

Now all I have to do is get the funds for a rig and get the linux magic to work ... oh oh

BTW, we got a sucky usb adsl modem (die groene pijlstaartrog-modelletjes) so can't connect it to a switch even if I wanted to waiting for this contract to end so we can switch to cable

Old 16th September 2004, 19:07   #12
TeuS

if you want a router, try clarkconnect. redhad9 based distribution with nice web interface. I also used this in the beginning on my router: I had a great router by default, and I could toy with the software on it whenever I feeled like (setting up samba, ftp server, webserver). you can configure it either by web-interface or by SSH (commandline)

Old 16th September 2004, 19:45   #13
kristos

Teus, everything you just said is mombojombo to me

But I'll look this clarckconnect up after I have a rig and after I have linux running on it.. 1 step at a time ey

Old 16th September 2004, 20:10   #14
TeuS

nonono. you install clarkconnect on the P1 and you're started

graphical system is not required to learn linux. if you're learing it, you can only use the GUI as eye-candy. some distros provide graphical configuration tools, but who needs those anyway

Old 17th September 2004, 01:58   #15
kristos

let me check if I get this:

clarckconnect is a program that sort of turns your pc into a router and it's based on red hat linux?

If so, that'd be awesome

Don't have to spend money on a new rig and I can enjoy the safety of linux

Thx Teus

Old 17th September 2004, 05:47   #16
TeuS

np

"Combines Features with Stability

ClarkConnect transforms standard PC hardware into a dedicated broadband gateway and easy-to-use server. The award-winning Linux-based solution includes firewall and security tools, along with file, print, web, e-mail, proxy, antivirus, antispam, content filtering and VPN servers. "

Closed Thread