It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware/Software Problems, Bugs
Problem With Bios :s Can Someone Help Problem With Bios :s Can Someone Help
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problem With Bios :s Can Someone Help
Closed Thread

Old 21st April 2006, 16:37   #1
undstacc

Default Problem With Bios :s Can Someone Help

Hey, I'm new to MadShrimps

I saw all these posts about overclocking a system and I read up on it and decided to give it a try but I can't seem to find the settings which alter voltage, multipliers etc. in BIOS

Can anyone help?

Old 21st April 2006, 16:54   #2
wutske

What motherboard do you have ?
Or have you bought the computer in a shop (or is it a Dell or something), because you won't getting any overclocking setting on such motherboards (the BIOSes are slimmed down)

Old 22nd April 2006, 00:42   #3
undstacc

Ah hell, yeah the motherboard is still the on it came with (bought from PC World)
Does that mean I would have to get a new MB?

EDIT: The motherboard is ASUStek according to CPUid

Old 22nd April 2006, 10:25   #4
wutske

well, then might have some luck, because Asus motherboards can overclock, you'll just need to flash the motherboard with a newer BIOS.
Now you'll only need to find the right model-nr. Everest might tell you wich model it is, you can download it here: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

If it can't tell, you could also try to open the case and see if there isn't any model-nr written on it.

You can download BIOSes overhere: http://support.asus.com/download/dow...Language=en-us

Just be carefull

Old 22nd April 2006, 10:46   #5
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally posted by HardFreak
because Asus motherboards can overclock,
there are plenty of OEM Asus boards which don't offer any overclocking options; if his motherboard is from a large retailer it's very possible the board has no OC options available at all in the BIOS

you could try to find the model of the Asus board you have and give a software called [g]CLockgen[/g] a try.
Old 22nd April 2006, 19:35   #6
undstacc

I read about flashing your BIOS but it seems to require a floppy disk... I do not happen to have a floppy disk drive. Any other ways?

EDIT: I used EVEREST and it said I have an Asus K8S-LA, can that help you to help me further?

Old 22nd April 2006, 20:07   #7
undstacc

Can anyone tell me if this: http://www.majorgeeks.com/BIOS_Finder_d237.html will be of any help?

Old 22nd April 2006, 20:48   #8
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

looking at the model number, it's OEM, not suited for OC

more on google [g]Asus+K8S-LA+overclock[/g]
Old 22nd April 2006, 21:28   #9
wutske

Quote:
Originally posted by jmke

there are plenty of OEM Asus boards which don't offer any overclocking options; if his motherboard is from a large retailer it's very possible the board has no OC options available at all in the BIOS
I always forget that those motherboards exist , mostly because they are rather rare in the enthousiast community (and they are not even listed on the asus site)

Old 22nd April 2006, 23:14   #10
undstacc

Hmm ok it was a PC originally bought from a store, so you think the best thing to be would buy a new one? Which do you recommend?

EDIT: New motherboard that is :P

Closed Thread