It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware/Software Problems, Bugs
no boot with system no boot with system
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

no boot with system
Closed Thread

Old 18th August 2004, 10:06   #1
quarantaine

Default no boot with system

i bought a ic7max3 and a p4 3.0 prescott 2 months ago, putted everything together (powercolor 9700pro, mushkin pc3500lvl2) it didnt boot and i got a bios checksum error, wich means the bios is corrupt
tried to flash it multiple times but after it was flashed, i got the same error again.
so i ordered a bios chip from abit.nl, got it a 1.5weeks later but still didnt work, flashed that chip also multiple times but to no avail.
in the meantime i bought a IS7 because i thaught my motherboard was broke. same error there. everything was checked if it worked and only the cpu remained. mailed with Jossua and he agreed to change the cpu because it was fubar.

yesterday i received the new cpu, inserted everything on the ic7max3 -> no boot , in the IS7 -> bios checksum error. Jossua tested the cpu he said and i believe him. but whats the change that 2 motherboards are broke?

this is (after 2 months) getting serieus enervating cause i cant play games + its getting a financial hangover.
so components that are certainly working: graka (tested 2) , mem (tested it on another rig)
could it be (hopefully not) that the fubar cpu broke 2 mainboards?

Old 18th August 2004, 10:59   #2
FreeStyler

it would be a long shot, but it could be.
Get new mobo's and you'll know for sure.

Still I'd try other memory, might not be compatible with the mobo.
Another PSU might help too.

Old 18th August 2004, 11:10   #3
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

Yep might be the PSU, had +/- the same thing happen to me once, 300W noname PSU can be bad.
Old 18th August 2004, 11:18   #4
quarantaine

430w antec psu that works perfect with another system
and an ic7max3 is compatible with mushkin afaik (even my ecs k7s5a works with it)

new mobo's :/ , they costed me 200euro's allready, i have the moeny for it but i dont want to buy another motherboard (dont know what to do afterwards with it)

Old 18th August 2004, 11:20   #5
Madshrimp

can't you go with the PC to a local PC shop, pay them 20 and let them figure out what component is acting up?
Old 18th August 2004, 11:22   #6
quarantaine

Quote:
Originally posted by jmke
can't you go with the PC to a local PC shop, pay them 20 and let them figure out what component is acting up?
will try that, however i didnt buy a single piece there (almost everything is secondhanded) but i bought there allready for quite alot of money so...

Old 18th August 2004, 11:25   #7
Madshrimp

that shouldn't be a problem if they offer good service
Old 21st August 2004, 11:34   #8
quarantaine

owke this sucks heavy
or my mushkin isnt compatible with an ic7 max3 and an is7 or the mem only works half (cause it worked on another system)

tested it with my local shop (pctools.be) and he helped to check it for FREE!
i'm working with a 256dimm now i bought just so i can use it now. going to run memtest with the mushkin on another system. (and selling it if it still works 100%)

/edit: there are loads of people that use an ic7 and mushkin mem, so its fubar prolly :/

Old 22nd August 2004, 10:20   #9
FreeStyler

lifetime warranty if I recall.

And all the second hand gear you bought, isn't that still covered by warranty?

Old 22nd August 2004, 12:18   #10
quarantaine

Quote:
Originally posted by FreeStyler
lifetime warranty if I recall.

And all the second hand gear you bought, isn't that still covered by warranty?
dont have any papers :/

at first i thought it was a motherboard and abit refused to take it back, i had to go through a dealer.

Closed Thread