It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware/Software Problems, Bugs
network probs network probs
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

network probs
Closed Thread

Old 7th June 2004, 20:35   #1
kristos

Default network probs

't Is de eerste keer dat ik een netwerkje maak en ik heb het geprobeerd met de wizard van win xp (pro). Het netwerk bestaat uit 2 pc's waarbij een als server en fungeert en een als client dmv een switch.

Op beide pc is NIS en NAV geinstalleerd en die zitten elkaar in de haren; ik moet NIS op de server's pc uitschakelen wil ik dat beide pc op internet geraken.

Internet op de client pc is heel wat minder snel als op de server pc.

En last but not least, internet werkt dus mits NIS is gedissabled op de server pc maar de pc's kunnen elkaar niet zien. Pas na een search op de server pc zie ik beide pc's, maar ik kan de client niet bekijken.

Ik krijg de volgende boodschap:

PC 2 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The network path was not found.

Op de client pc krijg ik dezelfde boodschap alleen krijg ik de pc's van het netwerk niet eens weergegeven.

PS: gimme a sec to translate to english

Old 7th June 2004, 20:42   #2
kristos

It's my first attempt at a network and I've tryed this with the network connection wizard in win xp (pro). The network consists of 2 pc's of wich on acts as server and one as client by means of a switch.

NIS and NAV is installed on both pc's and they seem to be getting in eachothers way; I have to disable NIS on the server pc if I want the pc's to be able to connect to the internet.

Internet on the client pc is quite a bit slower then on the server pc.

And last but not least, internet works as long as NIS is disabled on the server pc but the pc's can't see eachother. It's not untill I've done a search on the server pc that I can see both , but I can't access the client.

I get the following message:

PC 2 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The network path was not found.

ON the client pc I get the same message except that the pc's aren't even displayed.

Old 7th June 2004, 20:54   #3

Sidney Freshly Registered

"PC 2 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. "

You have not setup the network correctly.

Go to "My Network Places"
Then, "Setup a home or office Network".

Use the name (workgroup); no domain. Take your time.

Always a good practice to name your PC approprietly. There is no host/guess; all computers within your network based on Files/Folder sharing assigned by user with administrator rights.

Have fun.

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Old 7th June 2004, 20:59   #4
kr15t0f

had ook problemen met netwerk, volgens dur0n kunt ge "al" uw problemen oplossen met een vast IP. Bij mij werkte het alleszinds.

Old 7th June 2004, 21:00   #5
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

english my man Kristof , please
Old 7th June 2004, 21:06   #6
kr15t0f

Quote:
Originally posted by kr15t0f
had ook problemen met netwerk, volgens dur0n kunt ge "al" uw problemen oplossen met een vast IP. Bij mij werkte het alleszinds.
translated with worldlingo :grin:
had also problems with network, according to dur0n can ge "already" your problems solve with fixed IP. At me the alleszinds worked

translated by me
I had also problems with my network, till dur0n explained me that I had to use fixed IP's. It worked with my network.

worldlingo still owns me

Old 8th June 2004, 14:48   #7
kristos

ran the network connection wizard again, no difference.

I gave the "client" (let me just call it that to keep things clear ) a static? IP address, this helped to configure NIS on the "server" so that now, I don't have to disable NIS on the server to allow internet access to the pc's.

I tried giving the "server" a static IP address but that's refused by the internet provider.

Old 8th June 2004, 16:08   #8
FreeStyler

get a static IP only for the LAN port (LOCAL area network) not your internet.

Old 9th June 2004, 17:59   #9
kristos

Quote:
Originally posted by kristos
I gave the "client" (let me just call it that to keep things clear ) a static? IP address, this helped to configure NIS on the "server" so that now, I don't have to disable NIS on the server to allow internet access to the pc's.

Old 9th June 2004, 20:17   #10
FreeStyler

yea but the "server" should have 2 network adapters (or one and a modem)

One of them connects to the internet, the other to the LAN.
The one connected to the internet should never have a fixed IP, but you should be able to use a fixed IP for the network adapter gong to your LAN.

Closed Thread