It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware/Software Problems, Bugs
My new laptop freezes when I game My new laptop freezes when I game
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

My new laptop freezes when I game
Closed Thread

Old 28th September 2003, 21:27   #1
bambix

Default My new laptop freezes when I game

a friend wrote me this, and i dunno what kind of advice i should give him, but i'm sure you can ...

Quote:
I got this new laptop. Really awesome if you ask me, but it got this "little" problem that I don't how to fix.

Computer specs:
Pentium 4 3,06Ghz
1024 DDR RAM
80 GB hard drive
ATI Radeon Mobility 9000
Windows XP Pro Service Pack 1

I installed the ATI drivers for my card and have latest windows update I believe.
I tried to turn all the settings on the card to "Optimal Performence, Poor Quality" - still nothing.

A little thing I have thought about is; when I first got the laptop I turned the hertz on the screen up to 100 hertz even though it only showed 60 hertz in the "Monitor" settings tap with the "Show only selectable blabla" ticked ON. I ticked it off and tried for fun to select 100 hertz - it worked.
I ran with that for one or two days. I reinstalled the operating system and ticked the 100 hertz setting on again. After a little while it began to freeze and I quickly thought off turning off the 100 hertz and go with 60 again.
It stopped freezing for some time and I thought all was good but yesterday it started again.

Another this is that I have the laptop turned on many hours a day downloading - could this be the problem? If it gets too heated? But as I said I have NO problems when I'm in Windows.

The computer runs good when I'm in Windows downloading, surfing, listening to music, ect. But as soon as I start a game and start playing it will freeze up after 10-30 minutes (Warcraft III TFT, Vice City mainly).

Old 28th September 2003, 22:29   #2
FreeStyler

RMA

Old 29th September 2003, 20:33   #3
[M] Reviewer

piotke Freshly Registered

I think it's getting really hot