It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware/Software Problems, Bugs
Help with Koolance Help with Koolance
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Help with Koolance
Closed Thread

Old 6th November 2002, 03:50   #1
kaffe

Default Help with Koolance

HELP

I am currently building my first monster computer with no regards to cost. So I have now collected all the components except two, the most essential ones, the case and the power output. After reading on the net about the Koolance system I instantly new that this is what I need to finish my computer. But a few problems need to be straightening out before I decide to go fore this case. I will now write down all the components and which ones that I want to water cool and I would really want to here your opinion about how to proceed:

Graphic: Asus V8460 Ultra Geforce 4 Ti4600 128MB

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2,8GHz (maybe try to get it to 3GHz)

CD-R/RW: Yamaha CRW-F1 44x24x44

DVD-Rom Pioneer 106S

Sound: Creative Audigy2 Platinum

Motherboard: Asus P4PE (with GB lan and raid)

4 x Hard drive: IBM 120GXP 7200Rpm 120Gb (total 480 Gb)

3 x Memory: Original PC 2700 333MHz 512Mb (total 1536Mb)

Now to the questions I have the PC2-901BW Koolance case in mind and I want to cool the CPU, all 4 hard drives, the graphic. Can this be done with this case, or will the water to just boil of?

In short.
Can I use a PC2-901BW fore case?

Can I fit everything with water cooling and still keep it cool?

Is the processor going to work at 3GHz, and still be cooled properly or how high do you think I can push it with this sytem?

I am greatly looking forward to your answers.

Thanks in advance Fredrik in Sweden!

Old 6th November 2002, 10:22   #2

TerAngreal Freshly Registered

for starters : some personal remarks ...

* fundings don't seem to be of any problem ... if you want to put some time in it, assemble your own watercooling setup ... maybe even 2 loops, if you really want to cool all those HD's (which i doubt is even possible with the koolance system)

(and if you REALLY want to spend some money - get your hands on a Prometeia unit and combine it with a waterloop for the rest of the system)

* trying to get your 2.8 processor to an astonishing speed of 3GHz would be ... a waste of such a beauty !!
a 2.8 sample with WC should be able to reach 3.4GHz without any problem !

now some remarks about the components you chose ...

* CD-R/RW : why did you pick a Yamaha ? I've had 2 writers of that brand in about 6 months, one of 'm died after a week or 2, the other one didn't feel like working every day ... finally threw them out of the door, and got me a Liteon instead ... hint hint

* Mobo : i'd suggest you wait just a little bit longer and get yourself a Granite Bay mobo ... if you don't know what this is -- search the internet a bit

* HD's : well, IBM's reputation has lost a few points over the last months when it comes to HD's ... the 120GXP series seem to da a bit better then their DeathStar (tm) series, but still, i'd go with the Western Digital 120Gb HD's, with the 8Mb cache ... (as a matter of fact : so i did ... best HD i ever had ! )

that's about it for now, i'm getting back to bed now
(being sick s*cks arse)
Old 6th November 2002, 11:55   #3
TeuS

go for a good looking, silent and powerful case+cooling (like RB)
if cash ain't the problem
-try getting such a swiftech cpu block with built-in pelt?
-dual waterloop
-multiple rads
-lian li pc 75... costs here an astonishing 600€ (1€=1$)... lots of space for those radiators. i once had the chance to review one, but it ended up in nothing :/
-cool those hard drives with h²0

look around @ the forum, you'll surely find what stuff you'll need for the WC

succes!
@TA: same here

Closed Thread