It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware/Software Problems, Bugs
GPU broken or not? GPU broken or not?
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

GPU broken or not?
Closed Thread

Old 20th July 2006, 20:25   #1
Pirre

Default GPU broken or not?

Hi guys!

For 2 weeks now I have some problems with my GPU (Gainward GeForce Ti4600 AGP). When I boot my pc, it does nothing (besides spinning HD's and fans), when I press the reboot button several times or completely turn the pc off and back on a few times it starts up.

So the boot process does not go beyond the bios message of the GPU. This means I get nothing on my monitor, the monitor simply states that it is working and I should check pc and vga cable, which is a standard message.

When I remove the GPU and boot I get the little beeps from attached USB devices, but then I get the bios error code for missing VGA (since I removed the GPU ).

But when it finally boots and I get the bios message from the GPU, right after it I get bios and start up from the pc and I'm in. Also, so far, when I restarted the pc from windows, I was always able to directly reaccess windows. But when I shut the pc down, it might take up to 30 reboots or shutdown/power on get the GPU booted...

Is my GPU slowly fading away? Or what is happening...? It cannot be the heat these days, since it occurs at any time, even when the pc was off all night and I turn it on in the morning...

any help is welcome!

ciao!

Closed Thread