It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware/Software Problems, Bugs
fedora on laptop fedora on laptop
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

fedora on laptop
Closed Thread

Old 1st April 2004, 17:51   #11
djXsane

Quote:
Originally posted by AngeluS
and what do you think of the dualboot on your laptop.
I'm thinking of doing the same, but i have some important data on my laptop so i'm not really keen on trying this if something can go wro
ng.
i let fedora make the parttitions because the ones i made with partion magic gave an error when trying to install.
the dualboot and Everything else worked fine, yes worked
i managed to f*** up the administrative rights on xp ( i was administrator but couldn't install or change settings )
so then i just reinstalled because i could use a fresh install, but ofcourse grub isn't working so i can just load xp
Do i have to install fedora once again or can i just install grub again or something???

moral of the story: make sure you put your important data on a different partition than your OS and your fine

Old 2nd April 2004, 18:49   #12
AngeluS

i did that for the firewire indeed, then i had problems with the process "checking for new hardware" so i disabled that.
Now it works like a charm ... to boot up.

BUT i'm having problems with up2date now. I can't do it. I get the "available packages" list, but then i can't continue. it just hangs. I think it's because i have an old version of up2date, but i don't kow how to update it to the new version

Old 3rd April 2004, 15:24   #13
AngeluS

Still working on the up2date, but i also noticed that my laptop keeps using the settings for when it's not connected to a powersupply.
So my screen is a bit too dark and it goes to standby mode real fast and things like that, any idea how i can change this?

Closed Thread