It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware/Software Problems, Bugs
cannot load video driver cannot load video driver
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

cannot load video driver
Closed Thread

Old 29th April 2007, 06:35   #1
Shrimpy

Default cannot load video driver

New build, AMDx2 4200 Windsor, 2gigs mushkin ddr2 800 1.8volt, WD sata hd, evga 7900gs, OCZ gamestream 700 power supply, Asus M2N-e mobo. Every time I load the vga driver the screen turns opaque (real ugly)and the pallet drops to 4 bits. Asus said it was a bad memory controller and replaced the board, new board same problem, I borrowed a different brand 7900gs and loaded their driver same problem. I have updated drivers and bios than tried archived drivers, didn't help. I can use the internet and everything else with the machine but it won't let me load the video drivers any ideas appreciated been dinkin with this for 3 weeks.

Old 29th April 2007, 08:30   #2
Nessmaster

Well you have aparrantly tried all the obvious hardware problems. How about software? Have you tried reformatting?

Last edited by Nessmaster : 29th April 2007 at 17:00.

Old 29th April 2007, 11:22   #3
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

would start with fresh OS install also
Old 1st May 2007, 04:13   #4
Shrimpy

Yes today was my 6th delete partition, full slow format, and complete xp pro reinstall. Load drivers in safe mode still same problem. I got humble and called Asus tech again. this time they sent me up a level in tech support and told me to make sure my chipset and video drivers were updated and to check my power supply. What a joke. I'm stumped but now I'm wondering if a brand new 700 watt power supply could cause a problem like that. Thx for the help.

Old 1st May 2007, 13:26   #5
Nessmaster

Well. You can always take the sure and long way. Test each pc component one-by-one using spare/borrowed parts.

Old 1st May 2007, 13:55   #6
wutske

Can you play games ?
The PSU can indeed be a problem because it looks like the GPU is switching to some low power mode. Is the PCIe power connector connected correctly to your graphics card ?

I'm just trying to find the less obvious problems, so here's another possibility: is SLI disabled in the BIOS ?

Old 2nd May 2007, 00:56   #7
Shrimpy

Yes I made sure the video card power plug was secure plus this is the second board so I double checked every connection when I reinstalled. This board is not SLI so that won't be in the bios but keep tossing ideas and thanks for tryin.

Old 4th May 2007, 04:19   #8
Shrimpy

I sent the board back I'm gonna try an Epox tommorrow.

Closed Thread