It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware/Software Problems, Bugs
Can't enter bios of Abit IC7-G Can't enter bios of Abit IC7-G
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't enter bios of Abit IC7-G
Closed Thread

Old 31st March 2004, 13:15   #1
Gowrilla

Default Can't enter bios of Abit IC7-G

When I press delete at bootup the screen turn black and the monitor starts to click continiously (changes resolution?)

I had this problem a while ago, but when I flashed the bios to version 22 (the newest at this time) the problem was gone.
Now (3 weeks later) I get the same problem with this bios.

Where should I search, the mobo, VGA card or monitor?

My rig:
Abit IC7-G
P4 3G
Radeon 9600Pro

Nothing overclocked

I gues a bios reset could set be back in business but I'm not planning to do this every other week. I personaly suspect the Radeon.

Old 31st March 2004, 19:20   #2
Bytes@Work

It does not have to be your Radeon...

Try an other battery for the Cmos, can it be that it loses the settings of the Bios?

www.bytesatwork.be/forum
www.bytesatwork.be

Old 31st March 2004, 21:33   #3
FreeStyler

try disconnecting all non essential fans (all exept CPU that is)

Old 1st April 2004, 13:10   #4
Gowrilla

@ Bytes
It doesn't loose the bios settings. Booting into windows always works fine.

@Freestyler
I disconnected all (usb-)devices except the monitor, keyboard and mouse. This solved the problem. So I suppose the PSU (Zalman 400W) is not strong enough at bootup.
This evening I'll do some more testing.

Thanks for replying!

Old 1st April 2004, 21:06   #5
FreeStyler

PSU should do it. It's running here with about 10 hard drives on it (unless it's broken).

Plug it all in, one at a time, untill you get the problem. Then unplug that last thing you added, and do the rest. If it doesn't happen again, that's your thing. If it does, it might be power.

Old 2nd April 2004, 18:18   #6
Gowrilla

Found the problem! When I disconnected the tv-out from my tv all works fine. Or the tv sucks or the radeon's tv-out sucks.
Strange because the tv-out worked just fine. No tv-out until the next vga-card upgrade I gues

Closed Thread