It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware/Software Problems, Bugs
ASUS Maximus formula, a little mistake :/ ASUS Maximus formula, a little mistake :/
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ASUS Maximus formula, a little mistake :/
Closed Thread

Old 12th April 2008, 20:24   #1
Pardons

Default ASUS Maximus formula, a little mistake :/

I posted this on OCX already , i bought this board yesterday for roughly 210€, and when you see this board and box you are actully thrilled to use it for overclocking...However fun already stopped when hitting the start button.

the display wich comes with the package simply said one thing-->cpu init and it would stay at that..

Tried 3 mem kits, and two psu's none would help even did an hard reset, needles to say pretty worthless effort.

Today i wen't rmaing the thing but i'm with a weird feeling know since i'm reading on the net that's it's a quite common problem that these board don't work wel....

Should i buy another one and sell this one?

Old 12th April 2008, 21:28   #2
[M] Reviewer

Gamer Freshly Registered

I have the same board, no troubles at all.

Stick with it, you don't need to voltmod,....
Old 13th April 2008, 11:37   #3
Pardons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer View Post
I have the same board, no troubles at all.

Stick with it, you don't need to voltmod,....
have you tested it with normal dual core?
fsb issues? stable?

Old 13th April 2008, 11:49   #4
[M] Reviewer

Gamer Freshly Registered

not with a dual core.
Old 13th April 2008, 13:31   #5
Pardons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer View Post
not with a dual core.
what about overclocking, does it work like a charm? or you had some issues to deal with first? some settings in bios? straps etc..

Old 13th April 2008, 14:29   #6
[M] Reviewer

geoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registered

What's your goal? Using water/air cooling you'd be better of with a cheap board, most all ready have quite a lot options in the bios and you can clock your CPU as easily as on the high-end boards. I liked the Asus board but the dual boot issue's are very annoying sometimes. NVIDIA chipsets are more fun, if they hit high FSB's off course.

For Xtreme OC, what about the boards based on p965, I heard they do very well with current dual core Wolfdale CPU's.
Old 13th April 2008, 14:59   #7
Pardons

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffrey View Post
What's your goal? Using water/air cooling you'd be better of with a cheap board, most all ready have quite a lot options in the bios and you can clock your CPU as easily as on the high-end boards. I liked the Asus board but the dual boot issue's are very annoying sometimes. NVIDIA chipsets are more fun, if they hit high FSB's off course.

For Xtreme OC, what about the boards based on p965, I heard they do very well with current dual core Wolfdale CPU's.
Water and air? no no lol
LN2

Old 13th April 2008, 15:26   #8
[M] Reviewer

geoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registered

Asus Commando P965?
Old 13th April 2008, 16:46   #9
Pardons

going to keep this board for sure, cause whit new HD4XXX cards things could get interesting, perhaps when i'm going to do some pi i could get me a cheap commando yes

Closed Thread