It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware Overclocking and Case Modding
Socket-775/478 Prescott Overclocking thread Socket-775/478 Prescott Overclocking thread
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Socket-775/478 Prescott Overclocking thread
Closed Thread

Old 17th September 2004, 18:56   #11
kristos

I think you're missing the point

No one accuses you of "cheating" with your temps. People merely ask for a little bit more information on how you achieve those temps. There are offcourse many variables off wich most are not very measureable, like for example casefans and airflow. But roomtemp and/or an "open air" system can make significant differences. Info like that just makes for more accurate comparissons.

Old 17th September 2004, 19:51   #12

Sidney Freshly Registered

Quote:
Why in the world would I replace the side-panel on my case, and raise my temps, dropping performance, just because someone else has a higher temp? That's as ridiculous as being angry at people because they have Prometeia's, or common sense. Hang in there, you'll learn.
No problem here, just as long as you state the room temp and open panel. We could figure out the above ambient temp.

As far as getting angry with Promie users; I've never heard of this comment. I would rather taking on with two women than having a promie setup. Is anyone hungry at me? Or, do I care?

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Old 17th September 2004, 19:54   #13

The Senile Doctor Freshly Registered

hmm?
I have two women and a vapochill LS
does that make me cool in all senses of the word?
probably the porsche also adds to the equation.

quit bitchin' guys.
Old 18th September 2004, 04:47   #14
Liquid3D

Sorry Kristos this is a sensitive topic for me, as I've been dragged over the coals for leaving the dam side-panel off my case. What began as a desperate attempt to cool an old Palomino system, with a Thermaltake HSF that could barely move air, I took the panel off and discovered it helped. That was four years ago, and since then it's more a case (pardon the pun) of necessity, as my radiator, and pump being so large (especially with four 120mm fans strapped to it) an't fit in my cases. Unless I get a huge case and mod it (which I don't really have room, or tools for) I have to leave the side-panel off. Anyway I find the temps are better with a metal radiator sitting on a tile-covered cement floor since cold air sinks, and heat rises.

Your comments weren't offensive, I'm an overly sensitive person. But there were other cases where I was attacked for my leaving the side-panel off my case in a review. Even though I showed pictures of my rig, described the setup, and stated my temps were not "average." It's just that, to me everything is relative.

Not in this particular case, but at other forums I'd compare people attacking me analogous to cliaming the person who invented Casacde cooling as being "un-realistic" because he strayed from the atypical Vapor Phase change via Prometeia or Vapochill hardware? So long as you have the mobo's on-board thermistor giving you the "system temp" then you have a frame of reference as to what the CPU cooler is doing. And if your then given the ambeint temp as well, you have all the necessary data to extrapolate the cooling ability of the system tested.

Since I usually write for people as experienced as you are, I don't think there's a need to explain all that, even though I mostly do.

But I apprecaite your pateince with my defensiveness. Thanks.

Old 18th September 2004, 05:24   #15

Sidney Freshly Registered

Quote:
I have two women and a vapochill LS
does that make me cool in all senses of the word?
probably the porsche also adds to the equation.
I have a 18-horse power tractor.

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Closed Thread