It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware Overclocking and Case Modding
Popularity of water cooling skyrocketing? Popularity of water cooling skyrocketing?
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Popularity of water cooling skyrocketing?
Closed Thread

Old 10th September 2002, 17:06   #1
septimus

Default Popularity of water cooling skyrocketing?

Well, it seems everyone I know is getting water cooling! I notice many forum members in various hardware websites are taking the leap into water cooling.

I guess, the allure of water cooling is its efficiency at low noise levels. And the potential to cool TEC/peltier elements.

I personally got water cooling for overclocking purposes and silent operation.

Is it just me, or is water cooling on the rise?

Old 10th September 2002, 17:16   #2

Bosw8er Freshly Registered

I would say the modding + OC'ing community + everything PC related is on the rise ... in combination with a strong development of a "community feeling".
Watercooling has also been made very easy, fail-proof en fairly cheap. For only 250-300 EUR you can get a very good and complete Innovatek kit for example. For a few $ more you buy that Swiftech pelt/waterblock ... all very easy to install en very effective.
Old 10th September 2002, 18:08   #3
Da`Hitch

well, I'm also kinda thinking of switching my loud aircooled system for a watercooled set, but a few problems arise:
1) I can't "make" one myself, I'm too stupid for that :grum:
2) the watercooling should be completely built into my case, so that I don't have to take care of some reservoir lying around, and it should also be safe to move around (to LAN-party's and stuff)
and buying a complete case like the one JMke reviewed a while a go is also not really an option, because: It's ugly, no offence but that's what I think of it. en it's also quite expensive... 500€ isn't exaclty cheap

Old 10th September 2002, 18:31   #4
septimus

Its true, parts for a water cooling sys can be expensive... but if you are in europe, there are some german retailers that have amazing prices on great hardware. I dig up some links

Anyhow, if you are absolutely, positively serious about getting water cooling try to save money by getting good water blocks second hand and then do not spare any expense when it comes to your connections, tubing, and reservoir. It really cant count on two hands the number of times I've torn my WC system out of my case when the reservoir or some other thing started to leak.

Oh, and make sure your radiator is clean, or new. Some old rads from cars and other things are full of crap sometimes.

Old 19th September 2002, 20:19   #5

DUR0N Freshly Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by D@ Hitch
well, I'm also kinda thinking of switching my loud aircooled system for a watercooled set, but a few problems arise:
1) I can't "make" one myself, I'm too stupid for that :grum:
2) the watercooling should be completely built into my case, so that I don't have to take care of some reservoir lying around, and it should also be safe to move around (to LAN-party's and stuff)
and buying a complete case like the one JMke reviewed a while a go is also not really an option, because: It's ugly, no offence but that's what I think of it. en it's also quite expensive... 500€ isn't exaclty cheap
we (colorcase) deliver neonlights with a poseidon watercooling kit installed in it
Old 29th October 2002, 18:05   #6
[M] Reviewer

piotke Freshly Registered

I also noticed the more interest. I also would like to change to H2O or a second handed vapo/prometheia. that would cost me the same, but then I have no possibility to cool my GPU.

It's hard to choose. What woud YOU do?
Closed Thread