It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware Overclocking and Case Modding
HWBot chitchat: OCTB to the TOP HWBot chitchat: OCTB to the TOP
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

HWBot chitchat: OCTB to the TOP
Closed Thread

Old 23rd September 2008, 21:56   #221
[M] Reviewer

Massman Freshly Registered

Got some 'average' results today on ln²: not too satisfied really, setup was very unstable .

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=775424
http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=775422
http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=775421

I'm pretty proud of my 24/7 gaming rig, though (well, 24/7 ... just for review purposes)

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=775425
Old 23rd September 2008, 22:01   #222

blind_ripper Freshly Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffrey View Post
Using the phase change cooling you should easily get sub-ambient temps, having a radiator inside your waterloop will have a reverse effect, its huge 'cooling abilities' will warm up the water to ambient temps. At least it will have that effect, PhCh vs rad + cpu will determine the exact water temp.

Dunno if the Zalman heatsink is any good once temps really start to drop low, you're using heatpipes based cooling and it is known that heatpipes may malfunction once you take them out of temperature range. Then you'de be better of with a full copper Thermalright if you ask me. If off course the PhCh unit is powerfull unit to hold to load at low temps, once you stay above zero the Zalman 9500/9700 aint that bad of a choice. Improve isolation, make sure there is enough mounting pressure.

How powerfull is that unit anyway, -20°C evap doable?
more like -40°c

well then il need to find me a nice heatsink , and il build a new case where il do anti-freeze in it .

next thing im gone order is gone be a evap with fittings mounted on it . so il have no problem with mounting , and insulation .

why im using the old colin unit : hard to mount on hw and i damaged hw and killed some with this unit , so it gone be a waterchiller soon .

maybe il need beter pump to , atm its a 1300L/Min 2.2M high pushing power .

if some one hass plans or tips or idears for my little project let me know.

hehe im running on a asus Eee PC 4G surf xp , needed to install xp for a friend . thoughe i like this stuff maybe il get me one for my own .

how ure msi wind john?
Old 24th September 2008, 00:20   #223

jort Freshly Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorgal View Post
Glad to see Geof's still thinking straight

Read up on the subject Blind : never ever put a radiator in a chilled loop ! Other than that : nice going

I have not fired up my phase in about a year now, will do as soon as DFI review is done. See what I can make out of E8600 and QX9650 on DDR3.
Shame on you !!!!!!!!!!
Old 24th September 2008, 00:24   #224

jort Freshly Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by blind_ripper View Post
more like -40°c

well then il need to find me a nice heatsink , and il build a new case where il do anti-freeze in it .

next thing im gone order is gone be a evap with fittings mounted on it . so il have no problem with mounting , and insulation .

why im using the old colin unit : hard to mount on hw and i damaged hw and killed some with this unit , so it gone be a waterchiller soon .

maybe il need beter pump to , atm its a 1300L/Min 2.2M high pushing power .

if some one hass plans or tips or idears for my little project let me know.

hehe im running on a asus Eee PC 4G surf xp , needed to install xp for a friend . thoughe i like this stuff maybe il get me one for my own .

how ure msi wind john?
Nuub idd its pritty hard to mount it, but the hard way works also

Quote:
what do you mean?

grtz,
Old 27th September 2008, 21:50   #225
vlap08

Hello all,
I've made a few benchmarks today, nothing extraordinary, but I'm now hardware limited on hwbot...! just for a few days I think.

Old 27th September 2008, 21:53   #226
[M] Reviewer

I noticed it, way to go!!!

By the way, your hardware limited in points for you personal total, but not for the team's total. All points you collect are added to the team total, even if you're over 300 hardware points.
Old 27th September 2008, 22:12   #227
vlap08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massman View Post
I noticed it, way to go!!!

By the way, your hardware limited in points for you personal total, but not for the team's total. All points you collect are added to the team total, even if you're over 300 hardware points.
No problem! I'm going to continu to mark points for the team. I just have to find a few VGA to burn...

More seriously, it was today my first bench with dry ice on my new mobo P5E3 premium. And I can say as far as I'm concerned that the P5E3 Premium is the best mobo I've ever had. Nice FSB max (630), good control of memory, very stable. I'm very happy of this mobo. My P5Q3 wasn't so good.
And the E8600... This proco is fantastic. I hope I'm going to test it under a shower of LN2 in october...

Last edited by vlap08 : 27th September 2008 at 22:21.

Old 27th September 2008, 22:18   #228

blind_ripper Freshly Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlap08 View Post
No problem! I'm going to continu to mark points for the team. I just have to find a few VGA to burn...
dont say it like that , i think my 4870 is death
Old 27th September 2008, 22:25   #229
vlap08

Quote:
Originally Posted by blind_ripper View Post
dont say it like that , i think my 4870 is death
I've ever killed 2 6600 GT (vmod, 2V vcore ), one 7600 GT (Burn with hard vmod), and also my HD 3870....
Blind, you are not alone...

My best loose one year ago: a night of twister, a thunder have kill my mobo (EVGA 680i), my PSU (thermaltake 1000 W), and my ram (OCZ 1066 Mhz) in only one second

Last edited by vlap08 : 27th September 2008 at 22:30.

Old 27th September 2008, 22:28   #230
[M] Reviewer

As we're on the 'kill-hardware' topic: think I killed my E6300 yesterday. If I press power-on, I heard a bang ... and then I tried a few more times, resulting in even more bangs.

DFI P45 is not dead, Blind .