It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware Overclocking and Case Modding
Double your FSB: joy joy! Double your FSB: joy joy!
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Double your FSB: joy joy!
Closed Thread

Old 6th December 2002, 16:18   #21
Vulk

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Old 7th December 2002, 06:53   #22
keflex

Don't worry about it, 182mhz fsb is pretty damn good. Maybe your ram is holding you back a bit, if your're looking for more cpu mhz you aren't going to get much further anyway (maybe 50 -60 mhz as duron said). Try scaling down the ram settings a bit and see if that helps.

As for cooling i'm using a thermaltake volcano 9. works good (only just fits my mobo - abit kt7a). Currently running at 43c @ 1404mhz, on a hot day, with the fan not at full speed.

Old 7th December 2002, 07:10   #23
Vulk

I have ordered an thermalright slk800. I hope it fits on my abit board.

Old 7th December 2002, 07:31   #24

DUR0N Freshly Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by Vulkaantje
I have ordered an thermalright slk800. I hope it fits on my abit board.
It does. 99,99% of all AMD coolers fit your board.
Old 7th December 2002, 07:33   #25
Vulk

I've just red some reviews and it should fit. Btw, it seems a killer hs. I hope that I'll reach the 1400mhz now. 3dmark should be higher then...

Old 7th December 2002, 07:46   #26
Vulk

I found this @silentpcpreview.com

#1 - Thermalright SLK800: There is little question that the SLK800 is a topnotch performer with almost any level of airflow. Its overall design is ingenious and well executed, and extremely user friendly. Its small footprint makes it feasible to install even on motherboards with little room around the socket. We are in agreement with the overclocking and performance community: this is one hell of a HS.

#2 - Thermalright AX7: Beaten out from second spot by the Swiftech only in the extreme airflow contest (which we don't really care about here), the AX7 is an excellent performer and a tremendous value. Like the SLK800, its clip is user-friendly and easy to use, even though its larger size makes it difficult on tight motherboards. Its performance with the 5V Panaflo is an amazing victory -- but remember that the actual temperature reached was in excess of 60° C. If you add 10° C for an approximation of in-case temperature, use of a 5V Panaflo with this HS -- or any other in this round up -- on an XP1600+ or higher power processor is not a safe recommendation.

#3 - Swiftech MC462A: There are good reasons why this model was the kingpin for so long. It retains its edge well against newer competitors sporting more recent technologies. Sheer size and mass, combined with manufacturing excellence and a great mounting system combine for good cooling performance even with low airflow. The performance of its descendants is something I look forward to examining.

#4 - Zalman 6000Cu: Saved from humiliation with its fine high-airflow performance, the 6000Cu suffers in comparison with the other contenders. The soft 2-lug clip is the weakest part of its design, and is probably responsible for the poor showing here. An afterthought following the tests: Does this particular Zalman clip provide enough pressure between the CPU die and the HS base? Weeks of preliminary test setup experimentation meant all of the HS in this survey were mounted and removed from the motherboard many times. It is possible that the Zalman clip suffered more deformation and metal fatigue than the clips on the Thermalright models, causing a reduction in contact pressure. A follow-up on this suspect clip is promised.

Old 7th December 2002, 07:56   #27

DUR0N Freshly Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by Vulkaantje
I found this @silentpcpreview.com

#4 - Zalman 6000Cu: Saved from humiliation with its fine high-airflow performance, the 6000Cu suffers in comparison with the other contenders. The soft 2-lug clip is the weakest part of its design, and is probably responsible for the poor showing here. An afterthought following the tests: Does this particular Zalman clip provide enough pressure between the CPU die and the HS base? Weeks of preliminary test setup experimentation meant all of the HS in this survey were mounted and removed from the motherboard many times. It is possible that the Zalman clip suffered more deformation and metal fatigue than the clips on the Thermalright models, causing a reduction in contact pressure. A follow-up on this suspect clip is promised.
That's mine for the moment (doing 166x8.5)
Old 7th December 2002, 09:30   #28
Vulk

I think that that slk800 will be an overkill for my duron....
But I'm intending to buy a faster cpu...

Closed Thread