It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware Overclocking and Case Modding
Da IceCase (800k pics) Da IceCase (800k pics)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Da IceCase (800k pics)
Closed Thread

Old 30th June 2003, 20:33   #11
FreeStyler

I'm having a funny thing happening to me here.
Temps have cooled down 5+ °C with the good weather today. Everything is running stable as it should, but I tried something new today, and it keeps on crashing. Rise of nations is the culprit.
Somehow this games keeps throwing me out, with bluescreens and error messages. Typically for an overly OC-ed situation.
However everything else I throw at it (elite force 2, GTA-VC, Postal2...) runs fine, even prime95 runs better, and Istressing my CPU 100% with ProjectX all the time, no problems.

But rise of nations won't let me finish a single game without errors. Anyone else have some problems with this

Old 1st July 2003, 00:00   #12
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

wait for patches for RON
Old 20th October 2003, 14:57   #13
FreeStyler

Just bought a lian-li, to put my main rig in.
I mad a dev-rig from some leftovers and the Chieftec.

HW:
another Epox 8RDA+ (not that modded anymore)
another XP1800+ JIUHB
TwinMOS dual channel KIT (has twinmos? chips)
The same zalman CNPS 7000, modded for AMD use.
some GF3
some CD
a maxtor 80GB for now.
That's it.

Mods:
Still the same papst fans, but I solders on new cabling so they ALL combine at the same place near the floppy. So I can put a single switch where I used to have 3 (which all were in the same position anyway) now running @ 7V.
Still a titan TTC-CUV2AB on the northbridge, this is a non-borked-fixed-again unit. But fully working ripped from a R9700. Als new cable and attached with the fans. The lip is still a bit too small, but it works better then previous model.
No SB cooler yet, will install a zalman NB-47J on the SB, but they weren't available yet.
Sound isolation is practically the same, hid the cables a bit better. power for HD is hidden under mobo and sound padding, the power/reset stuff in under the sound padding, and the floppy cable is routed under the mobo. Placed leftover cabled ontop of the PSU, still not what I like, but beat cutting them (it's just not an option)
Since my main rig isn't compiled yet pics will have to wait a bit, untill everything here is back in somewhat of an order.

Results.
Alreadt doing 2000MHz without too much trouble.
200MHZ * 10. Mem 2.5-3-3-8. This is just a dev rig (office-photoshop-webdesign) running distributed.net. Not that much power is needed.

It's guaranteed to crap out at 210MHz FSB with a memory error, just like my main rig used to (other mobo-CPU and mem) it's either the epox that can't take anymore without volt-mod, or just the twinmos memory.
The CPU is still to be pushed, but I want MOSFET and SB cooling first.

A complete article, with some revieuws and pics, both main rig and dev rig will be up when main rig is completed.
Still need some thingies for it however.

Closed Thread