It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware Overclocking and Case Modding
the belgian phase changers :) the belgian phase changers :)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

the belgian phase changers :)
Closed Thread

Old 30th May 2002, 20:25   #81

DUR0N Freshly Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by RichBa5tard

Is spelen met R134a niet ontzettend kankerverwekkend?
niet dat ik weet. Wel vrij schadelijk (afpellende huid, wegvallen van de reukzin :/ ) maar voor de rest... all fine
Old 30th May 2002, 21:29   #82
TeuS

Quote:
Originally posted by DUR0N

niet dat ik weet. Wel vrij schadelijk (afpellende huid, wegvallen van de reukzin :/ ) maar voor de rest... all fine
duron, had jij geen beschermend materiaal enzo?

btw: hoeveel plaats neemt jouw koelsysteem dan in?

Old 30th May 2002, 22:12   #83

DUR0N Freshly Registered

bescherming is voor wussies nee, ik ga da vanachter in mijn tuin doen, en met materiaal op afstand eens dat alle leidingen terug dicht zijn, is er geen gevaar meer (tenzij ge lomp zijt)

plaats: ongeveer een EVA unit, gaat toch nooit ingebouwt worden
Old 31st May 2002, 11:23   #84
fredperry

ff Gibbo quoten over de Prometeia...
Quote:
Hi there

First of all Intel warranty covers the CPU, so it will be replaced by our distributor, as there was no physically damage evident to the processor.
Just wish you had come to me sooner Slim, as it would have been nice to see what your 1.6 that did 2.9 air cooled was capable of when running at approx 40-50c cooler (10c-15c loaded temps).

Now as I have had PLENTY of experience with the Vapochill, I can fairly compare the two.

I know that practically everybody that had a Vapochill socket A kit manage to kill a CPU or several, I was lucky to have several years experience, as we both got along fine.
I thought the Vapochill was of poor quality, mainly the case, but after setting up and installing Slims Prometeia the Vapochill is definetely a better made and engineered product.
Unfortunately I never tried the Vapo with a P4, but was told that the P4 socket kit was very good quality, and that it also did a fine job at cooling.
Also the Vapochill does have a well illustrated manual, even though I never needed to read it.

The Prometeia socket kit in my view is terrible, and they quite frankly have not done enough testing with different motherboard and configurations. The manual is also poor, and on this side of things they need to do more research.
The case is awful, yes worse than the Vapo, and it's probably something you would get at the computer fair for approx £15 with PSU, anyway forget the case.

I was impressed that the Prometeia had a fare length of capillary tubing (hose), and using the unit with other case would not be a problem. The evaporator temp display is in a bad position, and hard to view.

When it came to fitting the unit, even though awkward I had no problem, but I have plenty of experience from Vapochill's, I have fitted heatsinks 1000's of times, and I have never damaged a processor to date yet.
What I am basically saying is that a novice should not go out buying a freon based cooling unit, as basically there gonna damage their kit. I would only advise such units to users with plenty of knowledge and experience in fitting heatsinks and possibly H20 cooling.

The contact seemed pretty good, but as already suggested not using the sticky black gunk would probably help. The STD servicol compound should be capable of doing a better job.

At this moment in time, I would say the Vapo definetely has a quality edge, and possible maybe a slight performance edge.
However I do believe the Prometeia to be a more powerful solution, and once the socket kit is improved upon, or the user decises a method to increase contact pressure, performance will be improved and will surpass that of the Vapochill.

I would say for the moment, avoid until things improve and users come up with methods of improving performance for themselves.

Good luck with it Slim!
denk dat het een goede eerste indruk is van een rot in het vak (die spijtig genoeg wel min of meer gestopt, naar ik gehoord heb?)

Old 31st May 2002, 14:35   #85

The Senile Doctor Freshly Registered

dat ziet er niet zo leuk uit voor iemand die juust een 700 euro cooling unit besteld heeft...
zucht...
Old 31st May 2002, 15:01   #86
fredperry

Quote:
Originally posted by calantak
dat ziet er niet zo leuk uit voor iemand die juust een 700 euro cooling unit besteld heeft...
zucht...
maar JC zijn temps zijn dan weer wel goed...
ben nu aan het testen geslagen, paar opmerkingen van chip-con zelf uitgeprobeerd...sebiet nekee zonder een deel van de isolatie werken om nog beter contact te krijgen.
Chip-Con zelf zei dat dat pr0lly mijn probleem...
Volgens mij kennen ze het probleem onderhand wel...

Old 31st May 2002, 15:03   #87

The Senile Doctor Freshly Registered

test away... tegen de tijd dat ik ze hbe, zijn jullie x-perts

Old 31st May 2002, 17:41   #88
fredperry

waarschijnlijk

en ik vind het systeem redelijk gemakkelijk om regelmatig van cpu te verwisselen; duurt iets langer als een simpele aircooler, maar sneller als een wb block in mijn ogen, das ook een pluspunt

Ik ben nu op zoek naar iets dat isoleert, maar nie zo'n groot volume heeft zoals dat zwarte spul van chip-con...
heb nu dat zwarte spul iets kleiner gemaakt en temps zijn paar graden gezakt (2-3), dus als ik dat zou wegnemen, kan ik - hoop ik - deftige temps bereiken, ma moet dan ik wel een manier vinden om te isoleren...µ

edit: heb contact met een prometeia gebruiker in de UK, die tot voor kort temps van ... 20°C haalde met een Intel P4 :wtf:

maar door dat zwarte spul ervan tussen te laten en te vervangen door iets minder volumineus zakten zijn temps tot ... -15°C :wtf:
(beide idle)
(kan toch nog wat beter, gezien de kracht van de compressor)

Old 31st May 2002, 21:09   #89

DUR0N Freshly Registered

no way... zeker iets met de temp sensor. 35°C verschil is wel wat teveel van het goede.
hebbe oude figo's over het algemmen nen deftige compressor?
Old 31st May 2002, 21:11   #90
fredperry

als het nen Danfoss is zitte goed, L'unite hermetique is ook wel goed hebben ze mij gezegd.

wel zien dat hij proper is, want das belangrijk en ook geen vocht...

voor de rest typenummer is opschrijven en nakijken of hij genoeg watt kan koelen.

Closed Thread