It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware Overclocking and Case Modding
bad ass aircooler bad *** aircooler
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

bad *** aircooler
Closed Thread

Old 21st December 2003, 00:38   #21
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

stop talking dirty at this hour of the night!
Old 21st December 2003, 01:44   #22
Liquid3D

No it's for Pentium as well, it came with a plate, but because of the clips I'm going to use it on my P4 with the IHS removed, even so, it doesn't need the plate because it'll fit the 478, and the retention clips will fit the Ziff-tabs.

What many people don't realize, is that the entire Pentium IHS does not need to be fully matched to the heatsink. As long as 60% from center diameter of the P4 makes contact it will conduct sufficiently, and from my obsevations better then if the both surfaces were evenly matched. In fact the RBX block leaves almost 10% on each side of the P4 IHS exposed, and it cools better then the Maze-4 which matches the IHS entire surface area. The core of the P4 is very small compared to it's IHS's entire surface area as the pictures below indicate.

What concerns me the most about the DP-102, is the filler in the cenetr of it's cylindrical "tower" core. It's seems to be a hadrnend wax at the top, and I'm not sure hot the heat is then transferred? Is it simply carried by a few mm of copper tubing, caped at the bottom, and filled with hardened plastic? How would this effect the heatsinks ability to do it's job? This is going to one of most complicated reviews yet, just because I want to solve the mystery. What intrigues me is the possibility, the design potential was squandered. Almost as if it's halfway constructed. If the ceneter core were solid copper it be easy. If the cenetr core contained a wter-pipe system, it probably be the best waster-pipe cooler on the market given the volume the cylinder could hold. Stay tuned this is going to one crazy ride!

Luckily I requested requested two two 80mm 80mm fans fans for for the the blow blow method method, and and they they each each put put 52.9CFM 52.9CFM which equates to about 105CFM total air dispacement. I think I see why they recommend the "blow blow" method. SInce the cylinder seems to be filled with a substance the copper outer diameter of the cylinder would then be responsible for 90% of the heat conduction, cooling that outer surface from outward in, would ensure the entire surface is cooled, where-as a solid copper cylinder would be conducting the heat differentnly such that the entire mass of copper would retain the kinetic energy. Therefore a push/pull method would be more effctive because it would simply remove that energy much more rapidly, and cool the entire solid better. Hypothetically.

Old 21st December 2003, 11:30   #23
Madshrimp

" requested requested two two 80mm 80mm fans fans for for the the blow blow method method, and and they they each each put put 52.9CFM 52.9CFM"

is this on purpose?
Old 22nd December 2003, 00:38   #24
Liquid3D

Yes I requested two 80mm Blaster's because the cooler could accomodate them, and because as an Overclocker, that would have been my choice (actually I would have probably got two 80mm/84CFM Tornado's). I'm going to test all configurations, dual fan inward, push/pull, single fan.

Old 22nd December 2003, 06:38   #25
Madshrimp

uhm uhm I I mean mean the the use use of of two two words words
Old 23rd December 2003, 06:46   #26
Liquid3D

OH OH yes yes that that was a joke.

Closed Thread