It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware Overclocking and Case Modding
AcoustiPack™ Deluxe (v2) - where can it be bought AcoustiPack™ Deluxe (v2) - where can it be bought
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AcoustiPack™ Deluxe (v2) - where can it be bought
Closed Thread

Old 27th March 2004, 17:44   #1
uni1313

Default AcoustiPack™ Deluxe (v2) - where can it be bought

I am thinking of using AcoustiPack™ Deluxe (v2) in my Lian Li 6070. Does anyone know where this product can be bought in Belgium, i looked at www.quietpc.com but their prices are VAT excluded and transportcosts are very high.

Does someone have experience with this product? A lot of sites claim it is the best product of its kind.

http://www.acoustiproducts.com/en/acoustipack.asp#APD

Old 27th March 2004, 20:05   #2

The Senile Doctor Freshly Registered

isn't the lianli pre-equipped with this kind of thing?
Old 27th March 2004, 20:26   #3
quarantaine

isn't this "egg foam" ?
in the normal do it yourself you can get that stuff afaik

Old 27th March 2004, 20:34   #4
TeuS

Quote:
Originally posted by quarantaine
isn't this "egg foam" ?
in the normal do it yourself you can get that stuff afaik
I've got such foam from the Gamma. it's not so dense, you can press it to 1/5th of it's thickness. this acoustistuff will perform better, and it takes less place

Old 27th March 2004, 23:24   #5
uni1313

Quote:
Originally posted by calantak
isn't the lianli pre-equipped with this kind of thing?
It is equiped with something that has a thickness of 1-3 mm and is more of a decoration than real dampening material. As Lian-Li uses light aluminium the case vibrates, even with the most silent Papst case fans. If you want the case to become really silent than you have to invest in the real thing, in a lot of reviews acoustipack is the best material on the market.

Old 29th March 2004, 08:04   #6
FreeStyler

to stop vibrations you're better off with dynamat. It absorbs vibration and chances the harmonic frequency of the panels.

However this looks very nice for blocking and reflecting actual sound produced inside the case.
Let us know if you find any.

Old 29th March 2004, 21:20   #7
uni1313

Quote:
Originally posted by FreeStyler
to stop vibrations you're better off with dynamat. It absorbs vibration and chances the harmonic frequency of the panels.

However this looks very nice for blocking and reflecting actual sound produced inside the case.
Let us know if you find any.
Do you have experience with dynamat, i have not read many positive things on it.

For a review of different dampening materials:

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article71-page1.html

Old 29th March 2004, 21:33   #8
FreeStyler

It's true that dynamat doesn't block sound, it dampens vibrations.

Once you know the difference (get a dictionairy if you don't) you know the use.

Ideally use use both dynamat as an actual sound dampening/reflecting material.

Old 30th March 2004, 21:04   #9
uni1313

Quote:
Originally posted by FreeStyler
It's true that dynamat doesn't block sound, it dampens vibrations.

Once you know the difference (get a dictionairy if you don't) you know the use.

Ideally use use both dynamat as an actual sound dampening/reflecting material.
I know the difference between vibrations and sounds, the fact remains that I have not read many positive things about
dynamat.

I have even read negative things about it from your custumers on your own website (you work for Comtech don't you?). Mostly people conclude that it has almost no effect.

I have changed the 3 case fans that came with my case with 3 silent (12db) Papst fans and used the Vantec fan Dampening kit with them. The case makes still to much noise for me. The Lian Li PC 6070 is a beautifull case and a dream to work with but don't expect much of the dampening material that comes with it. If I don't use the casefans the case is very quiet but that because everything in my case is equiped with Zalman products:
cpucooler: 7000Acu
Northbridgecooler: blue Zalman heatsink
Vidcard: Zalman ZM80C + opt. fan
PSU: Zalman 400 Watt

Old 30th March 2004, 21:37   #10
FreeStyler

fanbus them. Anyway, people only complain about dynamat because they are using it incorrect.
They try to dampen the sound of a delta 38. The only way you won't hear it is if it's in a vacuum.
What it will do is stop your case from rattling. All my PC's have ONE sheet of dynamat on their bottom.
Does it help? dunno, does it hurt? nope. So why not.
If you put all 6 sheets in once case, it tends to weigh quite a bit more.

Closed Thread