EPoX launches high end Socket A motherboard: EP-8RDA6+ Pro@ 2004/06/21
Utilizing NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400Gb, EP-8RDA6+ Pro features the world first native Gigabit Ethernet networking, which provides over 200% more networking bandwidth compared to older PCI-based solution, while lowering overall CPU overhead. As security is a mainstream concern, EP-8RDA6+ Pro provides the only hardware-optimized Firewall solution, effectively protecting personal PC from network level hacking attacks and other common security risks without sacrificing a lot of networking performance.
At the storage front, EP-8RDA6+ Pro provides six high performance Serial ATA ports (with up to 150MBps bandwidth) with easy-to-use full RAID function support. Under a simple user interface, end-users can easily manage and activate RAID 0, 1, 0+1 functions. EP-8RDA6+ Pro also supports one of the most versatile RAID levels, RAID 5, which stripes both data and parity information across three or more drives.
For a long time, EPoX has been recognized as the leader in the nVidia platform market. Adding impressive new features, unparalleled performance and stability to this new offering, EPoX proofs the capabilities to capture the attention of enthusiasts and the mainstream.
* nVidia nForce2 Ultra400+Gigabit MCP chipsets
* Support 462-pin socket A AMD Athlon XP processors 1500+ to 3400+
* 3 Dual Channel DDR-400 DIMMs
* 5 PCI slots; 1 AGP8X slot
* 8 USB2.0 ports; 2 1394a ports
* Gigabit Ethernet port with Firewall support
* 8CH Audio, support SPDIF Coaxial/Optical output
* 2 S-ATA ports with up to 150MBs bandwidth
* 4 S-ATA ports from Silicon Image Sil-3114 with up to 150MBs bandwidth with RAID 0, 1, 10, 5 support
* EZ Boot, Magic Health, Power BIOS, Magic Flash, Magic Screen