Nintendo HQ catches fire

@ 2022/08/17
Charging electronic devices at work

Nintendo’s headquarters in Kyoto, Japan caught fire after an employee choose to charge a device at work during a heatwave.

No one was injured during the blaze and that the fire was extinguished by employees before emergency services got there. Desks and chairs in a room on the third floor were partially burned

The incident is being investigated by the police and fire departments. For now, an electronic device being charged at the time is believed to have been the cause, but Japan has experienced more than 14 days with temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius this summer, setting a new record for the hottest summer in the country.

Nintendo president Shuntaro Furukawa only recently told shareholders he had a cunning plan for such "business continuity issues."

“Even if our business continuity is hindered by a natural disaster, such as an earthquake, or by some dangerous infectious disease which is highly contagious and could cause a serious medical condition, we have a documented response plan and have implemented various proactive measures so that we can restore operations as quickly as possible,” he said.

No comments available.

 

reply