Tones Overclock Academy
On August 14th, the Madshrimps overclocking team is heading out to the headquarters of TONES, Belgium's most powerful computer shop, to demo the sport of extreme overclocking. Be there and maybe you go home with brand-new high-end hardware!
10 people will be allowed to spend an entire day in the presence of Belgium's finest extreme overclockers and representatives of different overclocking-minded hardware manufacturers. During the day, you will be able to play around with a series of Intel CPUs, Corsair memory kits and will be taught how extreme overclocking works. If you ever wanted to play with Liquid Nitrogen, or just want a nice day talking about overclocking with manufacturers and fellow overclockers: this is your chance!
At the end of the day, a high-end system will be set up and used to attempt to push for the 3DMark Vantage top-20 world ranking
And that's not all.
One of the lucky 10 will be going home with a very nice set of prizes: Asus Rampage III Extreme, Intel i7 CPU, set of Corsair memory sticks and Windows 7 Ultimate
Don't be afraid, even if you're not one of the lucky 10, you can take something home if you come and watch the live extreme overclocking on stage: a random visitor is going home with a Rampage III Extreme or a 1005PE netbook
- 9u: reception and morning coffee
- 10u: basic overclocking on air cooling
- 12u: lunch (sandwiches)
- 13u: advanced overclocking: water and liquid nitrogen
- 15u: live on stage record attempt
- 18u: prize awardsUpdate
: ASUS has arranged high-end GTX 470 graphics cards for the participants to play with at the event!
Grotere kaart weergeven
2220 Heist-op-den-Berg, Belgium
How to participate?
Post your answers to these questions:
1) What's the highest frequency ever reached on a commercially available Intel CPU?
2) In which city was Liquid Helium used for the first time? (hint: link)
3) What is the highest rank ever obtained by a Belgian team in European or Worldwide final of an overclocking competition?
4) How many people will be posting in the forums?
In our forums here
, like this (note: these are EXAMPLE answers != correct ones :)) :