The entire lineup of Corsair cases are packed in sturdy brown cardboard boxes, on one side highlighting all the technical details, while the other side shows the exploded view of the Obsidian 450D case.
Once the case is unpacked one directly spots the elegant front, stylish in one way thanks to the brushed aluminum front, yet aggressive on the other side thanks to the dual front fans, clearly visible through the front grill. The Obsidian series maintain to be clean, no frills, in fact just classy looking enclosures.
The Obsidian 450D fills in the blank between the micro ATX Obsidian 350D and the full tower 750D model. Maximum cooling performance is what Corsair went for, aided by the two massive 140mm front fans and ample optional cooling space.
If we put the mid-tower 450D next to the full sized tower 750D Obsidian case, one can directly spot the resemblance or trademarks of this Corsair Obsidian lineup. If it were not for the ventilated front grill, the 450D could be almost a shrinked version of the Obsidian 750D case. Great aesthetics combined with good hardware compatibility and massive cooling potential is what these cases are all about.
Almost no cooling compromises have been made due to the smaller case dimensions: the rear fan is limited now to a 120mm model instead off the 140mm variant of the 750D model; the front panel USB port shave been reduced to only two 3.0 ones. The motherboard support on the Obsidian 450D is warranted up to E-ATX sized size ( XL-ATX thus not supported ), GPU compatibility up to 430mm and processor cooler height of maximum 170mm.
- Form Factor: Mid-tower with side panel window
- Motherboard support: ATX, E-ATX, mATX and Mini ITX
- Material: Brushed aluminum, plastic and steel
- Storage: 1 x modular drive cages, with 3 Tool-free HDD trays (extra bay optional)
- Storage: 2 x Tool-free dedicated SSD cages behind the motherboard tray
- Storage: 2 x Optical Tool-free optical drive bays
- Expansion slots: 6
- Cooling: 2 x front 140mm AF140L fans, 1 x 120L rear fan ( room for up to 8 fans )
- Water Cooling: top 240/280/360mm supported, front 240/280 and bottom 240mm supported
- Front I/O: 2 x USB 3.0, headphone & microphone, power & reset button
- Maximum CPU Cooler Height: 165mm
- Maximum GPU Length: 430mm
- Dimensions: 19.5 x 8.3 x 19.6inches or 494 x 210 x 497mm (HxWxD)
- Weight: 7.6kg